McGregor has already clashed several times with Mayweather online as the two fight stars have argued over fight purses and status.
Looking ahead to that much-anticipated clash for Joshua's IBF belt and the vacant WBA "Super" and IBO straps, Eddie Hearn said: "All you're lacking in this fight is the bad bloke, Boxing people go: 'How refreshing.' But I might think: 'AJ, hit him at the press conference.' No chance". The latest bit of drama to unfold in this ongoing narrative occurred last week when Jeff Mayweather - Floyd's Uncle - suggested that the UFC was attempting to squeeze out 80% of whatever McGregor profited from this fight, leaving him with just 20% of the spoils. He's stepped up in big fights for this company and for me and for (UFC CEO) Lorenzo (Fertitta).
"I see this fight happening", White said after UFC 210 in Buffalo Saturday night.
White initially took a firm stance against the likelihood of McGregor, UFC's biggest star, stepping into a boxing ring with a boxing legend in Mayweather.
"The longer it takes for us to come to an agreement, the longer it takes to negotiate with the Mayweather team", White said.
BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) Experiencing Unusual Activity Mid-day
If we look at stock performance in last active day trading, we see that stock has moved gained 1.05% to end the day at $9.60. BlackBerry Limited ( BBRY) stock price tumbled -0.13% to finalize at $7.70 throughout previous buying and selling session.
For instance, Top Rank Bob Arum said that if the fight between Mayweather and McGregor will collapse, fans can blame the UFC. F*ck you too! What do they know about this fight? You want to know what they know about this fight? "I'm in a good place with Conor, and were going to meet in NY when he has this baby".
Courtesy of a knockout of Alvarez in the main event of UFC 205 in New York City, McGregor added the UFC lightweight championship to his resume, going along with the featherweight title he won in December of 2015. However, White said that wasn't true and he also had a few choice words to say to Jeff.
White cautioned the fight was not close to a done deal.
McGregor is pushing hard to fight Mayweather in a boxing match - but in order to do so, the outspoken Irish fighter must receive approval from the UFC, who have McGregor under an exclusive binding contract. And is this not, this fight here, Floyd doesn't make this kind of money without Conor. "Because I know all the talk of A-side, B-side and all this stuff", he continued. "I'm going to let them deal with their side".
- Celebrations as Grand National victor returns home
- Ruff not returning as Stars coach after missing playoffs
- Kante admits to choosing Chelsea over Arsenal
- Sergio Garcia wins the Masters, ends drought at the majors
- Burger King's Whopper gets prank Wikipedia edits in ad gag
- National Football League probes casino arm wrestling event
- Efe wins Big Brother Naija reality show
- Elliott plans legal action if Akzo rejects vote on chairman dismissal
- GOP owns health care dilemma now, and voter skepticism
- Rose, Garcia Tied for Lead at Masters in Prelude to Finale