Thankfully for manager Jose Mourinho, Zlatan Ibrahimovic had other ideas. "Zlatan did that with the goal", Mourinho said.
Ibrahimovic opened the scoring with a ferocious strike and, after Sunderland's Seb Larsson was sent off and Henrikh Mkhitaryan added a second, he provided the assist for Marcus Rashford to wrap up victory a minute from time. "Not one single player stayed in Manchester because we were thinking about resting them, or because we were thinking about rotation or about Anderlecht".
Sunderland remains bottom having now failed to score in its last seven games, 10 points adrift of safety.
"We resisted the results of yesterday when Manchester City and Liverpool won".
"After we got to 4-2 we really controlled the game and it's one of the most complete performances of the season", said Everton manager Ronald Koeman.
"I think it is as hard as finishing fourth, that is the only competition that we can win now and we have to fight for that".
Air strike kills 18 in Syria's Idlib province, says Observatory
At the United Nations on Friday, Russia's deputy ambassador, Vladimir Safronkov, strongly criticized what he called the U.S. Tillerson has called for Assad's removal, but said Islamic State is the focus for now.
They are also through to the quarter-finals of the Europa League, with Mourinho determined to savour further success in Europe.
Romelu Lukaku's double ensured Craig Shakespeare's flawless record as Leicester manager was ended at Goodison Park.
"I don't want to our club to be just happy with fighting for the top four and Champions League, we want to fight for trophies".
United will make the short trip to Brussels for the first leg of their Europa League quarterfinal later this week, and both players are expected to be on Wednesday's flight.
Demarai Gray released Islam Slimani to level in the fourth minute and six minutes later Marc Albrighton's free-kick from wide on the left embarrassed Joel Robles to put Leicester ahead.
- Rose, Garcia Tied for Lead at Masters in Prelude to Finale
- Sergio Garcia wins the Masters, ends drought at the majors
- After trade secrets, Uber and Waymo now fight over nature of arbitration
- Ruff not returning as Stars coach after missing playoffs
- Russian Federation knew in advance of Syrian chemical attack
- Elliott plans legal action if Akzo rejects vote on chairman dismissal
- During border visit, AG Sessions outlines immigration plan
- Another bouncy-house child horror: SC bouncy takes flight with children inside
- Yankees Michael Pineda turns in sparkler in home-opener win
- California Strikes Deal with Truckers to Hike Fuel Tax