With Samsung's flagship smartphone launched recently, it is safe to say that things are just starting to heat up for some of its features, particularly its voice assistant.
The reports from Huffington Post, IB Times suggests that the launch of Samsung S8, S8 Plus will be on April 19. But, this is the first time that Samsung has attempted to use this technology. Samsung today said that it's postponing the launch of Bixby.
Samsung has yet to confirm the reason for the hold-up, nor how long Galaxy S8 users can expect to wait until Bixby Voice arrives.
Furthermore, Bixby Voice, the other feature of the virtual assistant, will respond to perform tasks via voice request. However, other features such as the deluxe notification screen Bixby Home and Vision will be included in the April 21 launch of the Samsung Galaxy S8.
According to a statement from Samsung, the S8 and S8 Plus will have Bixby's voice controls and support for the English language will be turned on via software update later this spring instead. However, It's unlikely that these new features will ready when Samsung and Apple launch their new smartphone models this year. Instead of working with a handful of cherry-picked commands, Bixby will be able to complete "almost every task" that apps offer in their regular touch interface.
Bayern out to be Real's 'bete noire' again
Their right back, Daniel Carvajal, is also a doubt after he trained on his own on Monday. But for today's match , key absences on both sides will play a large role in the result.
Strong initial demand for the S8 will be encouraging for a firm recovering from one of the worst product safety failures in tech history, which ended in the Note 7's swift withdrawal. This new development is an indication of Samsung's attempt to gain experience in voice assistants after it acquired Viv Labs last October. Some industry analysts view it optimistically, considering an attempt to disrupt the digital assistant market a bold move by Samsung. The pre-orders in South Korea have already begun, and it appears like the fans are really liking it.
A still from a video released by Samsung in 2014, demonstrating a concept for a foldable screen.
Samsung has big plans for Bixby but as evidenced by this delay, it's still a work in progress.
- Elliott plans legal action if Akzo rejects vote on chairman dismissal
- Microsoft to officially reveal Project Scorpio at E3 2017
- Taiwan bans sale, consumption of dog and cat meat
- Tough talks and tension for Tillerson in Moscow
- Google blocks invasive Burger King ad
- Kante admits to choosing Chelsea over Arsenal
- Oklahoma Bill Would Allow Health Insurance Sales Across State Lines
- Maple Leafs drop playoff opener against Washington in overtime
- Microsoft Office Zero-Day Used to Push Dridex Banking Trojan
- Dana White clarifies a few things on Conor McGregor, Floyd Mayweather fight