Arsenal have caved into to Alexis Sanchez and will offer the Chilean the highest wage ever offered in the Premier League, a £300,000-a-week deal.
And Monday's 3-0 defeat to Crystal Palace saw renewed calls for the Frenchman to clarify whether he intends to stay or leave the Emirates at the end of the season.
'I think he has an incredible winning mentality, ' Sanchez said about the five-time Ballon d'Or victor.
Paris Saint-Germain forward Julian Draxler admits he would love to see Mesut Ozil join the club this summer and says he's told the Arsenal playmaker to make the move.
Ahead of Monday's must-win match with Middlesbrough, Wenger said: "First of all, I can not confirm that we have offered (Sanchez) that".
As for when talks might take place, he continued, "We'll talk in the summer and we'll clear things then but for the moment, all that's important is Arsenal and not me and not any other player - it's just the club".
Bayern out to be Real's 'bete noire' again
Their right back, Daniel Carvajal, is also a doubt after he trained on his own on Monday. But for today's match , key absences on both sides will play a large role in the result.
Even if Arsenal do sign a number of players in the summer transfer window, they need a foundation to build a new team around and convincing Sanchez and Mesut Ozil to stay will be essential.
"You can not decide who manages the club, I always said he was the most important factor in me coming here".
Former Arsenal winger Marc Overmars has been linked with a return to the club to take up the role of director of football.
But the 28-year-old has too often been on the periphery of big games, leading to criticism from pundits and a section of Arsenal fans.
"I've always said he [Wenger] was the most important factor in me coming here".
"Maybe my style sometimes does make it look like I'm not 100% there", he said. That's how I feel and I'm sure lots of other players are exactly the same. That is the way I am and I won't change that.
- Russian Federation knew in advance of Syrian chemical attack
- Burger King's Whopper gets prank Wikipedia edits in ad gag
- Ibrahimovic inspiration keeps Man United in top-four race
- Trump Brags About 'Beautiful' Chocolate Cake Served During Attack on Syria
- GOP owns health care dilemma now, and voter skepticism
- BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) Experiencing Unusual Activity Mid-day
- Dana White clarifies a few things on Conor McGregor, Floyd Mayweather fight
- Hacking Nintendo's Switch could score you $20000
- Google blocks invasive Burger King ad
- Elliott plans legal action if Akzo rejects vote on chairman dismissal