Arsenal have caved into to Alexis Sanchez and will offer the Chilean the highest wage ever offered in the Premier League, a £300,000-a-week deal.
And Monday's 3-0 defeat to Crystal Palace saw renewed calls for the Frenchman to clarify whether he intends to stay or leave the Emirates at the end of the season.
'I think he has an incredible winning mentality, ' Sanchez said about the five-time Ballon d'Or victor.
Paris Saint-Germain forward Julian Draxler admits he would love to see Mesut Ozil join the club this summer and says he's told the Arsenal playmaker to make the move.
Ahead of Monday's must-win match with Middlesbrough, Wenger said: "First of all, I can not confirm that we have offered (Sanchez) that".
As for when talks might take place, he continued, "We'll talk in the summer and we'll clear things then but for the moment, all that's important is Arsenal and not me and not any other player - it's just the club".
Microsoft Office Zero-Day Used to Push Dridex Banking Trojan
Microsoft also released additional updates for vulnerabilities in its products overnight, as part of its monthly security updates. The emails use spoofed email domains and attachments that pretend they are scanned documents to lure users into opening them.
Even if Arsenal do sign a number of players in the summer transfer window, they need a foundation to build a new team around and convincing Sanchez and Mesut Ozil to stay will be essential.
"You can not decide who manages the club, I always said he was the most important factor in me coming here".
Former Arsenal winger Marc Overmars has been linked with a return to the club to take up the role of director of football.
But the 28-year-old has too often been on the periphery of big games, leading to criticism from pundits and a section of Arsenal fans.
"I've always said he [Wenger] was the most important factor in me coming here".
"Maybe my style sometimes does make it look like I'm not 100% there", he said. That's how I feel and I'm sure lots of other players are exactly the same. That is the way I am and I won't change that.
- Bayern out to be Real's 'bete noire' again
- BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) Experiencing Unusual Activity Mid-day
- Google blocks invasive Burger King ad
- Elliott plans legal action if Akzo rejects vote on chairman dismissal
- Xi stresses China's North Korea concerns in talk with Trump
- U.S., Canada, Mexico partner for joint 2026 World Cup bid
- Easter quirk holds back March inflation rate
- During border visit, AG Sessions outlines immigration plan
- Kante admits to choosing Chelsea over Arsenal
- Hacking Nintendo's Switch could score you $20000