Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi is released in United Kingdom cinemas on December 15, 2017.
NEW YORK (AP) Is the Force still strong with Luke Skywalker?
The first fully-formed trailer for "The Last Jedi" had nearly half a million views and more than 13,000 comments on YouTube within 90 minutes of being posted, with #TheLastJedi quickly becoming the top trending hashtag worldwide on Twitter.
Aside from the lightsaber battles, space dog fights, and the iconic music composed by John Williams, the Star Wars franchise has always been innovative when it comes to creating realistic, and of course, alien planets.
Microsoft to officially reveal Project Scorpio at E3 2017
The Sony guys have been great, they've had our teams down, we've had them up to look at HoloLens and stuff that's been going on. It also includes a real-time clock, a battery backup, an OLED screen on the front, and five programmable buttons, as before.
Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy made the reveal during an interview with ABC News on Friday at the "Star Wars Celebration" in Orlando. And we of course get to see a bit of Rey training with Luke, who actually speaks this time. Some shots in the trailer also suggested Skywalker training Rey on the island. Oh and Kylo Ren is still his brooding self.
"I just want to do it justice, so thank you everyone for letting me be here", Tran added. "A small amount", said Ridley, laughing. They even kissed once. They went years without seeing each other, but reuniting for The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi allowed them to "reset" their friendship. Could he turn to the dark side, or is it more likely that he's looking to establish a new order that is neither Jedi or Sith?
Kennedy assures that Fisher's work on the movie coming December 15 was complete... Whatever the case, while the tone of The Last Jedi seems less than optimistic, Star Wars fans are hyped.
Although Fisher was originally expected to appear in the ninth episode as well, Lucasfilm announced that there are "no plans" to digitally recreate her in future films. "Sadly, Carrie will not be in nine", Kennedy said. Carrie Fisher was beloved for her role as Princess Leia, a character who was part of the original cast.
- Samsung putting Note 7 behind it as S8 pre-orders surpass S7's
- Woman fatally stabbed by Palestinian in Jerusalem, authorities say
- MOAB strike: 90 IS fighters killed in Afghanistan
- Bayern out to be Real's 'bete noire' again
- Walcott confident Arsenal are back on the up
- Londoners protest against 'unprecedented' anti-LGBT violence in Chechnya
- Ibrahimovic inspiration keeps Man United in top-four race
- Dana White clarifies a few things on Conor McGregor, Floyd Mayweather fight
- Xi stresses China's North Korea concerns in talk with Trump
- Trump Brags About 'Beautiful' Chocolate Cake Served During Attack on Syria