The world's oldest person, Emma Morano, has died in Italy at the age of 117, reports say.
The oldest person in the world - who was also the last person alive that had been born in the 19th century - has died in Italy. She died at her home in the city of Verbania.
Emma worked at the Maioni Industry jute factory until 1954, after which she moved on to work in the kitchens of a Marianist boarding school, the Collegio Santa Maria.
Always a biscuits-lover, she has been used to eating very little vegetables, according to her personal doctor. "She forgets nothing", Yamile Vergara, her nurse for over 40 years, said at the time.
"He told me, "Either you agree to marry me or I will kill you, '" Morano said". "When I first met her she ate three eggs a day, two raw in the morning and then an omelette at noon, and chicken at dinner".
Morano wasn't the only person in her family to reach an impressively old age - her mother, aunt and several of her eight siblings made it to at least the age of 90, while her sister Angela Morano passed away when she was 102 years old.
Emma Morano, 117, of Italy died Saturday afternoon, AFP and the Associated Press reported. He said: "She thanked me and held my hand".
Ronaldo resting, Isco's 2 goals keeps Madrid on title track
And Isco - who has made only one Champions League start all season - may have played himself into contention with an excellent game.
She adopted the diet after a doctor diagnosed her with anaemia at the age of 20 and she maintained it for more than 90 years.
"What impresses me most is her memory".
Dr Bava said he had last paid his near-daily call on her on Friday.
In addition to enjoying the single life, Morano didn't fuss with keeping a complicated diet to lengthen her time on earth.
But she had to cut this down to two a day as she no longer had any teeth. She was considered a good dancer with a attractive singing voice in her youth.
The marriage had never been healthy, she said.
She also defied health advice, Bava said Saturday. But a year ago Rosi Santoni, one of the relatives who helped look after her, said she had plenty of family to care for her and had many friends in the town.
- Russian Federation knew in advance of Syrian chemical attack
- MOAB strike: 90 IS fighters killed in Afghanistan
- Trump administration report labels no USA trading partners as currency manipulators
- Comcast Corporation Statement on FCC Broadcast Incentive Auction Results
- U.S., Canada, Mexico partner for joint 2026 World Cup bid
- Xi stresses China's North Korea concerns in talk with Trump
- House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes steps down from Russian Federation probe
- Walcott confident Arsenal are back on the up
- Trump Brags About 'Beautiful' Chocolate Cake Served During Attack on Syria
- Tough talks and tension for Tillerson in Moscow