The world's oldest person, Emma Morano, has died in Italy at the age of 117, reports say.
The oldest person in the world - who was also the last person alive that had been born in the 19th century - has died in Italy. She died at her home in the city of Verbania.
Emma worked at the Maioni Industry jute factory until 1954, after which she moved on to work in the kitchens of a Marianist boarding school, the Collegio Santa Maria.
Always a biscuits-lover, she has been used to eating very little vegetables, according to her personal doctor. "She forgets nothing", Yamile Vergara, her nurse for over 40 years, said at the time.
"He told me, "Either you agree to marry me or I will kill you, '" Morano said". "When I first met her she ate three eggs a day, two raw in the morning and then an omelette at noon, and chicken at dinner".
Morano wasn't the only person in her family to reach an impressively old age - her mother, aunt and several of her eight siblings made it to at least the age of 90, while her sister Angela Morano passed away when she was 102 years old.
Emma Morano, 117, of Italy died Saturday afternoon, AFP and the Associated Press reported. He said: "She thanked me and held my hand".
Walcott confident Arsenal are back on the up
Arsenal dominated the start of the second half and Jose Fonte and Masuaku needed treatment after colliding in the West Ham box. It is coming into motion. "Hopefully it is going to go on and on". 'We have to do the job, ' he said.
She adopted the diet after a doctor diagnosed her with anaemia at the age of 20 and she maintained it for more than 90 years.
"What impresses me most is her memory".
Dr Bava said he had last paid his near-daily call on her on Friday.
In addition to enjoying the single life, Morano didn't fuss with keeping a complicated diet to lengthen her time on earth.
But she had to cut this down to two a day as she no longer had any teeth. She was considered a good dancer with a attractive singing voice in her youth.
The marriage had never been healthy, she said.
She also defied health advice, Bava said Saturday. But a year ago Rosi Santoni, one of the relatives who helped look after her, said she had plenty of family to care for her and had many friends in the town.
- Jackie Robinson a golden Dodger now immortalized in bronze
- Woman fatally stabbed by Palestinian in Jerusalem, authorities say
- House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes steps down from Russian Federation probe
- MOAB strike: 90 IS fighters killed in Afghanistan
- Microsoft to officially reveal Project Scorpio at E3 2017
- Elliott plans legal action if Akzo rejects vote on chairman dismissal
- Wenger won't confirm £300000-per-week Sanchez contract offer
- Tough talks and tension for Tillerson in Moscow
- Ibrahimovic inspiration keeps Man United in top-four race
- Trump administration report labels no USA trading partners as currency manipulators