"The message from the B.C. NDP today is that help is on the way", Horgan said Wednesday during a campaign stop in downtown Vancouver.
"Instead of attacking the mayors the way the premier has, (Horgan) says as premier he would work closely with the mayors in order to develop a plan for the long term that reduces congestion", Darcy said.
Lower costs but better jobs and services - that was NDP leader John Horgan's motto as he kicked off his party's provincial election campaign in Surrey on Sunday. "Why should there be tolls for people who live south of the Fraser River?"
Runaway housing prices have been an issue in parts of British Columbia and the NDP would bring in a speculation tax that would apply to all out-of-province property owners.
The platform also commits to revitalizing the forestry industry by creating 114,000 rental, social and co-op homes over a 10-year period using wood products from B.C.
The party is also promising changes to how British Columbians pay for MSP, though their plan is to alter, not abolish, the controversial payments.
Meanwhile, the Liberals' Mike De Jong is accusing the NDP of planning "pledging a massive increase in spending".
Microsoft to officially reveal Project Scorpio at E3 2017
The Sony guys have been great, they've had our teams down, we've had them up to look at HoloLens and stuff that's been going on. It also includes a real-time clock, a battery backup, an OLED screen on the front, and five programmable buttons, as before.
"The spending that is being proposed here will either lead to massive deficits or massive tax increases, or maybe a combination of the two", he said.
Clark attacked the NDP on what she called their lack of financial planning.
"Here we've got hallway medicine emerging", said Horgan, citing the story of a senior who laid on a bed in the Eagle Ridge Hospital hallway for 36 hours.
"It's the platform of a party that has had experience in government and wants the opportunity to do it again and is not going to oversell and is not going to make ridiculous goals that can not be kept", he said.
"We shouldn't be redistributing our tax money to the very rich." said Clark.
The B.C. Liberals previously unveiled their 2017 election platform and now the B.C. New Democratic Party has done the same.
- Rachel Notley says it would be hard for anybody who works for her government to support candidates that oppose the expansion of the Trans Mountain pipeline, a project she described as crucial to Alberta's interests. With files from Camille Bains in Vancouver.
- Carrie Fisher will not appear in Star Wars Episode 9
- US, Russia at 'low point' after no breakthrough in Moscow
- World´s oldest person, Emma Morano, dies at 117
- Syria's Assad says chemical attack '100 per cent fabrication'
- Seeking to salvage ties, U.S. and Russian Federation agree on Syria probe
- US general confident North Korean missile can be intercepted
- Comcast Corporation Statement on FCC Broadcast Incentive Auction Results
- Maple Leafs drop playoff opener against Washington in overtime
- Umpire Dale Scott leaves game after being struck in mask
- NYC Will Require Uber App To Allow Tipping (Eventually)