Monday, 24 April 2017
Latest news
Main » North Korean official says will continue missile tests

North Korean official says will continue missile tests

18 April 2017

Vice President Mike Pence, in his tour of the DMZ warned North Korea not to test Trump's military resolve. It's four kilometers (2.5 miles) wide, stretches 250 kilometers (160 miles) and is dotted with military guard posts, mines and defensive structures.

Also, K.T. McFarland, Trump's deputy national security adviser, wouldn't comment on whether the USA sabotaged North Korea's missile test, told Fox News. Chinese leaders have sought a US relationship based on the two powers respecting each other's spheres of influence and not intervening in one another's internal affairs. He said any use of nuclear weapons would be met with "an overwhelming and effective response".

"The president has made clear that he will not accept the United States and its allies and partners in the region being under threat from this hostile regime with nuclear weapons", McMaster continued. "We want to see North Korea abandon its reckless path of the development of nuclear weapons, and also its continual use and testing of ballistic missiles is unacceptable".

Kim called the press conference to "categorically reject" the U.S. decision to hold an open meeting of the Security Council on April 28 on North Korea's nuclear program which is scheduled to be chaired by U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.

"We assume a series of responses in case of evacuees into Japan, such as protecting them, a process of landing, housing facilities and their management, and a screening whether our nation should protect them", Abe said.

We are heartened by the support of allies across the Asia Pacific, including China, who will continue to advance this objective on the Korean Peninsula.

"Whatever change happens in your elections the commitment of the US to South Korea's safety and security will remain unchanged", Pence said.

Speaking to the BBC's John Sudworth in Pyongyang, he warned of an "all out war" if the United States took military action.

After a two-month policy review, officials settled on a policy dubbed "maximum pressure and engagement", USA officials said Friday. The administration's immediate emphasis, they said, was to be on increasing pressure on Pyongyang with the help of Beijing.

The officials weren't authorized to speak publicly on the results of the policy review and requested anonymity.

China, historically Pyongyang's sole major ally, has reiterated its call for North Korea to stop all tests, and has also called for a peaceful solution.

Hacked files suggest NSA penetrated SWIFT, Middle East banks
In addition to the released files, Shadow Brokers announced an "auction" for the sale of an addition batch of NSA tools. However, SWIFT and EastNets told reporters that there has been no unauthorized access so far on its networks.

The regime followed that - according to US and South Korean officials - with an attempted missile test Sunday from the eastern port of Sinpo. "But dialogue for the sake of having dialogue is meaningless".

Air China planes are parked at Beijing International Airport on April 6, 2017.

In Moscow, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, speaking to reporters Monday evening, said he hopes "there will be no unilateral actions like those we saw recently in Syria and that the USA will follow the line that President Trump repeatedly voiced during the election campaign".

If Sunday's missile launch leads to a nuclear test or an ICBM launch, there would be "a powerful punishing measure that North Korean authority can't endure", South Korean officials said.

He emphasized the USA hopes not to use military force but warned "this problem is coming to a head". White House officials say the trip is meant to lay out a framework for future foreign policy relationships.

Trump wrote Sunday on Twitter that China was working with the United States on "the North Korea problem". "And if they do, that will be very good for China, and if they don't it won't be good for anyone". "We will see what happens!" On Friday, North Korea accused Trump of "making trouble" with "aggressive" tweets. "It is vital to NK's existence", Ambassador James F. Jeffrey, the Washington Institute fellow and former assistant to the president and deputy national security advisor in the George W. Bush administration, told FOX Business. She advised patience with China on the issue. He suggested plans to deploy a USA missile defense system in South Korea were damaging its relations with China.

Into this tense environment, Pence made his first trip to the region since taking office in January.

Mr Pence, whose father served in the Korean War, visited the truce village of Panmunjom, where the war's armistice was signed.

Before adding that his country "is ready to react to any mode of war desired by the United States".

He reiterated USA support for South Korea, telling acting President Hwang Kyo-ahn: "We are with you 100%".

But now, there is one new wild card that South Koreans haven't had to factor in before: President Trump.