Cristiano Ronaldo plundered a hat-trick as Real Madrid saw off 10-man Bayern Munich 4-2 after extra-time at the Bernabeu to secure the holders' place in the semi-finals of the Champions League. "He sustained the injury during the 3-2, which was offside".
His Real Madrid counterpart Zinedine Zidane did not want to discuss the refereeing but he claimed Bayern's second goal could have also been ruled offside.
There was no penalty for Bayern's first goal. The Brazilian, Asensio, Cristiano, with his three goals (that's 100 in the Champions League now) were the men of the match. But Carlo Ancelotti's side started to cut through the Real defence, with Arjen Robben finding the side-netting and Arturo Vidal firing just over from distance.
Toni Kroos fired over and Ronaldo shot when he should have passed to Benzema as Madrid ended the first half looking far more risky than their opponents. In trying to snuff out Lewandowski after substitute Thomas Müller had helped the ball along, the ball bounced off the Real Madrid captain and creeped into his own net.
North Korean official says will continue missile tests
Mr Pence, whose father served in the Korean War, visited the truce village of Panmunjom, where the war's armistice was signed. The administration's immediate emphasis, they said, was to be on increasing pressure on Pyongyang with the help of Beijing.
While there was some doubt over the legitimacy of his second effort at Santiago Bernabeu, the same questions were asked of his third.
The defending champions led 2-1 from the away first leg, but lost 1-2 for a 3-3 aggregate at full time in the home second leg before Ronaldo's intervention.
The most controversial decision, or non-decision, of the night came in the 104th minute when a Ramos free-kick found Ronaldo in the box but the Portuguese superstar was clearly offside.
For the fourth time in a row, Bayern Munich were knocked out of the Champions League by a Spanish side. That moment in the 84th minute was a defining one for the match and 10-man Bayern found themselves no match for Madrid as play went into extra 30 minutes.
- Russian Federation vetoes United Nations draft resolution on Syria gas attack probe
- Harden has 37 points, Rockets rout Thunder, Westbrook 118-87
- Hacked files suggest NSA penetrated SWIFT, Middle East banks
- Exxon and Shell step up to defend Paris climate accord
- Durant shines in Warriors playoff debut in Game 1 win
- Anne Hathaway Threw Her Son a Rainbow-Themed Birthday Party
- US general confident North Korean missile can be intercepted
- Ronaldo resting, Isco's 2 goals keeps Madrid on title track
- US, Russia at 'low point' after no breakthrough in Moscow
- World´s oldest person, Emma Morano, dies at 117