Butler could be signed by another team and that team would have to offer the Patriots their first round pick. In fact, I know we're not going to do that. If Buffalo does not decide to match, then New England will have to send over a fifth-round pick as compensation for Gillislee's tender.
Although the Saints and Patriots may very well agree on a trade before the NFL Draft, it is doubtful the Saints will give up the 11th pick of the draft. The final pick of round one has been traded two of the past three years as National Football League teams vie for the opportunity to have a player under team control for that additional fifth year. However, the Patriots will not be able to pull off a deal unless Butler is officially under contract. There's also a decent chance they make a trade before the draft in hopes of getting back into Day 1.
Harden has 37 points, Rockets rout Thunder, Westbrook 118-87
In the first postseason game of his four-season career, Oladipo was a no-show with six points on 1-of-12 shooting from the field. The players from the Thunder walked in the opposite direction, deflated, knowing they must regroup for Game 2 on Wednesday.
Secondly, New England exhausted a ton of capital in adding the likes of Cooks, Kony Ealy and Dwayne Allen in separate trades last month. He visited with just one team, the Saints, during free agency.
It looks like Jimmy Garoppolo will be playing 2017 with the Patriots.
As of now, Butler figures to line up opposite Gilmore in what should be one of the NFL's most talented secondaries, if not the best.
- Ronaldo destroys Bayern, Leicester City out
- American Express profit falls 13 percent, but tops forecasts
- United changes policy, crew can't displace seated passengers
- Apple Reportedly Seducing LG Displays into OLED Production for 2018 iPhone
- Cavaliers to sign Dahntay Jones for playoffs
- Benzema: Hazard Will Be A Good Addition For Madrid
- Kendrick Lamar is darn good on new album
- Brexit: Tusk and May in 'friendly' meeting
- Bill O'Reilly taking a break amid sponsor backlash
- Wall scores playoff-best 32 as Wizards beat Hawks in Game 1