Butler could be signed by another team and that team would have to offer the Patriots their first round pick. In fact, I know we're not going to do that. If Buffalo does not decide to match, then New England will have to send over a fifth-round pick as compensation for Gillislee's tender.
Although the Saints and Patriots may very well agree on a trade before the NFL Draft, it is doubtful the Saints will give up the 11th pick of the draft. The final pick of round one has been traded two of the past three years as National Football League teams vie for the opportunity to have a player under team control for that additional fifth year. However, the Patriots will not be able to pull off a deal unless Butler is officially under contract. There's also a decent chance they make a trade before the draft in hopes of getting back into Day 1.
Slims River: Climate change causes "river piracy" in Canada's Yukon
Previous cases of river piracy may have taken place thousands of years ago or more, said Shugar in an interview with CBC News . It's yet another example of climate change affecting our planet in unexpected ways.
Secondly, New England exhausted a ton of capital in adding the likes of Cooks, Kony Ealy and Dwayne Allen in separate trades last month. He visited with just one team, the Saints, during free agency.
It looks like Jimmy Garoppolo will be playing 2017 with the Patriots.
As of now, Butler figures to line up opposite Gilmore in what should be one of the NFL's most talented secondaries, if not the best.
- Harden has 37 points, Rockets rout Thunder, Westbrook 118-87
- Pence says US stands by ally Japan on North Korea problem
- Andre Johnson to sign one-day contract to retire a Texan
- Brexit: Tusk and May in 'friendly' meeting
- Pence, on United States carrier, pledges to defend Asia
- Cavaliers to sign Dahntay Jones for playoffs
- 'I've never been so angry': Kris Jenner confronts Caitlyn
- Suspect in Facebook video killing shoots himself to death
- Apple Reportedly Seducing LG Displays into OLED Production for 2018 iPhone
- 'Everything at Brighton is geared for Premier League football'