Butler could be signed by another team and that team would have to offer the Patriots their first round pick. In fact, I know we're not going to do that. If Buffalo does not decide to match, then New England will have to send over a fifth-round pick as compensation for Gillislee's tender.
Although the Saints and Patriots may very well agree on a trade before the NFL Draft, it is doubtful the Saints will give up the 11th pick of the draft. The final pick of round one has been traded two of the past three years as National Football League teams vie for the opportunity to have a player under team control for that additional fifth year. However, the Patriots will not be able to pull off a deal unless Butler is officially under contract. There's also a decent chance they make a trade before the draft in hopes of getting back into Day 1.
Russian Federation vetoes United Nations draft resolution on Syria gas attack probe
Tillerson's mission sees the Trump administration taking on the traditional US role as spokesman for a unified Western position. Also Wednesday, Lavrov said the allegations of Russian meddling in the USA presidential election haven't been proven.
Secondly, New England exhausted a ton of capital in adding the likes of Cooks, Kony Ealy and Dwayne Allen in separate trades last month. He visited with just one team, the Saints, during free agency.
It looks like Jimmy Garoppolo will be playing 2017 with the Patriots.
As of now, Butler figures to line up opposite Gilmore in what should be one of the NFL's most talented secondaries, if not the best.
- Minnesota senators press United Airlines about passenger dragged from plane
- American Express profit falls 13 percent, but tops forecasts
- Wall scores playoff-best 32 as Wizards beat Hawks in Game 1
- 'Everything at Brighton is geared for Premier League football'
- Government poised to reveal immigration changes
- Andre Johnson to sign one-day contract to retire a Texan
- Durant shines in Warriors playoff debut in Game 1 win
- Nintendo May Be Working On An SNES Classic
- Russell's HR caps 4-run 9th as Cubs top Brewers 7-4
- Suspect in Facebook video killing shoots himself to death