Today, there is a chance of thunderstorms today for areas generally north of Interstate 20 and east of Interstate 35, NWS states. "That feature along with the cold front is what is going to produce these strong storms".
The focus of the severe weather will be in areas south and east of I- 35, the weather service said.
Forecasters say the stormy weather could also affect parts of Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Tennessee and Texas.
This week has been designated as Tornado and Severe Weather Awareness Week in Wisconsin.
Rain and wind are expected to hit the area around 6 p.m.
Severe storms and flooding rainfall will return to Oklahoma late Friday night.
Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko - who comes out on top?
Even though Joshua is fighting Klitschko, people are still talking to this day about a Wilder and Joshua fight. But he added, "You don't want to learn in important fights, you want to be prepared for them".
A cold front will again approach the area Sunday night into Monday, where severe weather will be a concern as a "ling of organized thunderstorms accompanies the front".
Highs will still be near 80° this afternoon, then Friday and Saturday will be mainly dry and very warm with highs in the mid to upper 80s. Amounts of 1 to 3 inches are likely, with up to 5 inches possible. Some pockets of hail will be possible, but that threat should be a little more limited. West-northwest winds are expected to be 20-30 miles per hour, with gusts up to 35 miles per hour are expected this afternoon.
Rain will continue into Saturday and Sunday.
The current set-up and forecast will bring several rounds of potential severe weather, heavy rain, and flash flooding likely through the weekend.
Most parts of Arkansas not under the moderate risk for severe storms are under an enhanced risk, which is one step down, Clarke said.
- National Hockey League playoffs: Sharks' Joe Thornton played with torn ACL, MCL
- FCC chairman expected to unveil strategy to reverse net neutrality
- Larry Bird drives IndyCar through midtown Manhattan
- Mel B's first husband fears for their daughter
- Welsh electoral 'earthquake' of Tory gains suggested by poll
- Celtic tops Rangers 2-0, into Scottish Cup final vs Aberdeen
- Netanyahu Cancels Meeting With German FM
- Lawmakers suggest former Trump aide Flynn broke USA law
- Barack Obama accepts $400G to speak at Wall Street conference
- AT&T Drops 233000 Video Subs in Q1