Otherwise, the aspects of Roseanne that made the series so unlike everything else on TV would be gone, and the revival would have nothing to distinguish it from other shows, aside from nostalgia.
"Roseanne" remains a gold standard for its realistic portrayal of a working-class American family. According to Deadline's sources, Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, and Sara Gilbert are already on board, with Laurie Metcalf in talks to join them so we can settle the question once and for all if Jackie is a lesbian or what. Barr, Gilbert, and the show's original executive producers Tom Werner and Bruce Helford are also back. The show was massively popular during its nine-season run, so its being brought back was probably inevitable. Season 9 saw the Conners win the lottery, Darlene and David (played by current Big Bang Theory star Johnny Galecki) get married and have a daughter, and Dan betray Roseanne by cheating on her with his mother's nurse.
A Roseanne series revival is in the works. ABC (Roseanne's original network) and Netflix (which has found success with reboots like Fuller House, Arrested Development and Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life) are reportedly both bidding on the project.
Original-cast revivals have been in vogue at Fox, too, with Prison Break returning this month and a recent order for a second edition of the network's revival of The X-Files.
From left Mindy Kaling Dakota Johnson Aubrey Plaza and Zooey Deschanel
Or, well, actually he died in the season 8 finale, but in the series finale Roseanne revealed that the entire final season had been a figment of her imagination, which went into overdrive as she mourned the loss of her husband.
Tell Us: Are you excited for a possible Roseanne revival? She was replaced by Sarah Chalke, returning during the show's eighth season, when she and Chalke alternated playing Becky. Yet Goodman will be on the new cast, so we'll see how they handle that.
National Hockey League playoffs: Sharks' Joe Thornton played with torn ACL, MCL
Leon Draisaitl opened the scoring 50 seconds into the second frame. "The two that sting are the 1-0 game here in Game 3". Marleau did beat Talbot in the third period after taking a cross-crease feed from Couture to make it 2-1.
- Rondo guides Bulls to 2-0 lead over Celtics
- Attorney: Officials denied Hernandez's request for cellmate
- Kevin O'Leary to quit Canadian politics
- Call of Duty: WWII Pre-Orders Revealed, Access to Private Beta Included
- Nintendo Switch Hardware Sales Reach 2.74 Million Worldwide, 5.46 Million For Software
- NASA's Cassini spacecraft poised to plunge beneath Saturn's rings
- Storms to bring heavy rain and gusty winds to the area
- Man sues R. Kelly, says singer ruined his marriage
- New report shows cases of drugged driving surpass drunk driving
- Hot Switch sales boost Nintendo sales, trim quarterly loss