The Ultimate Fighter 26 is slated to start filming in July and would later air in September.
Now the UFC has three female weight divisions, bantamweight (135 pounds), strawweight (115 pounds), and featherweight (145 pounds).
Demetrious Johnson is the reigning king of the men's division and the UFC have now extended their women's game by adding a fourth division.
The UFC began promoting women's fights in early 2013, and the rise in popularity of women's mixed martial arts was largely due to former 135-pound bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey.
Given it's a weight that is more natural for women than bantamweight and featherweight, the UFC will open the auditions to women now in the promotion who are competing at strawweight and want to move up or at bantamweight and want to move down.
Several injured as Aeroflot flight hits turbulence before landing in Bangkok
Bodies of the victims lie strewn across the aisles while luggage, food and drinks litter the floor. The airline said they will cover the medical expenses of the injured passengers.
The UFC added a 115-pound strawweight division in 2014 and a 145-pound bantamweight division this year. Tryouts for the show are now scheduled for Tuesday, May 23 at 8 A.M. PT in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The promotion also crowned its first strawweight champion during a season of "The Ultimate Fighter". However, UFC President Dana White later told Yahoo Sports that the release was sent in error and the promotion had not finalized the addition of a 125-pound female weight class.
Last June, the UFC staged its first stand-alone flyweight fight last June, when Joanne Calderwood beat Valerie Letourneau by third-round stoppage.
Are you ready for another UFC weight class?
The Invicta Fighting Championships, an all-women's promotional company with ties to the UFC, has five women's weight classes, including a 105-pound atomweight division.
- Saturday night storms could be severe
- James Cromwell's Jurassic World 2 character has ties to John Hammond
- Samsung To Launch Galaxy S8 And S8 Plus In India Today
- Houston Texans Trade Up to No. 12 To Select QB Deshaun Watson
- US trade deficit narrows in March
- Wisconsin's T.J. Watt picked 30th by Pittsburgh
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild DLC Pack 1 detailed
- TJ Watt ready to write own tale in NFL with big brother
- Utd could lose Shaw for season
- Pence reaffirms refugee deal with Australia despite reservations