South Africa have remained unchanged at number 64 in the latest FIFA World Rankings released on Thursday‚ with very little movement anywhere on the list after a period of inactivity for national teams. Football legend Diego Maradona is set to visit the soccer-crazy city of Kolkata in September 2017, ahead of the FIFA Under-17 World Cup being hosted by India.
India's rise in the rankings has been due to triumphs over Cambodia and Myanmar. Head coach Stephen Constantine congratulated his side on the milestone, but warned them against complacency ahead of important matches.
They had also registered a 4-1 win against Central American opponents Puerto Rico in an worldwide friendly. India, meanwhile, retained 11th spot in AFC."As long as we keep heading up the ladder, I am happy". The AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers UAE 2019 are an acid test for us. "There's no place for complacency", Constantine was quoted saying by the AIFF.
Bafana were also unmoved in Africa as they sit 12th between Algeria and Mali, with Egypt retaining their place as the top team on the continent.
Several injured as Aeroflot flight hits turbulence before landing in Bangkok
Bodies of the victims lie strewn across the aisles while luggage, food and drinks litter the floor. The airline said they will cover the medical expenses of the injured passengers.
"It's a mathematical game at times", Das told IANS. It's definitely important as it helps us play better opponents in friendlies.
Meanwhile, Brazil remained at the top of the latest Federation Internationale de Football Association world rankings.
Colombia found themselves at fifth, while the French national team came on sixth, reports Efe.
South Korea, Japan, Australia and Saudi Arabia complete the top 5 Asian teams.
- Apple steps up its effort to emphasize its economic impact
- Facebook begins selling low-priced WiFi in India
- Latta votes for overtime flexibility bill
- Google agrees to pay $335 million in Italy tax dispute
- White House dismisses chief usher, 1st woman to hold post
- Corey Davis: 'I Like The Vibe Philly Has Going On'
- LA peace parades mark 25th anniversary of Rodney King riots
- Local residents anxious about family members in Puerto Rico
- US trade deficit narrows in March
- 'Ever Presents' have run every London Marathon since it began in 1981