Angela Reid was the first woman and the second African American to hold the prestigious position of White House Chief Usher.
Angella Reid, shown in Lafayette Park in front of the White House, Oct. 18, 2011.
White House deputy press secretary Sarah Sanders said Friday that Reid left on good terms.
The White House chief usher has traditionally been a job which boasts a long tenure with employment of the residence staffer remaining in place during changes of presidential administrations.
Utd could lose Shaw for season
United were held to their 10th home league draw of the season by the Welsh club, in what was their 57th match of the season. You know what you are going to get with Mourinho and he is very good at killing a game when he needs to.
In the past, ushers have typically served multiple administrations. No further explanation was given for Reid's departure. Warm, kind, & commanded respect of the White House. No one interviewed for the Post story could recall an abrupt firing from the White House permanent staff since 1993.
Others on the residential staff tend to stay even longer.
Douglas Brinkley, a presidential historian at Rice University, hypothesized that Reid was sacked over Trump's paranoia.
Reid was said to be close to the Obamas, who hired her for the job, but three people with knowledge of the situation said there were tensions with the household staff she managed. Reid followed Admiral Stephen W. Rochon, the first black usher, after he left for a job at the Department of Homeland Security. "She worked for years in top management in hotels. She is definitely professional but you're not going to please everybody". "They're implying I'm sharing family secrets, but the Bushes aren't running for anything", Emery told the New York Times at the time, adding that it was not unusual for ushers to take calls from prior administrations.
'The Trump administration seems anxious about Obama's spies, and there may have been a feeling that she wasn't on page with the Trumpians, ' he told the Washington Post. A White House that's seeking to make sexual assault and Caesarean sections fall under pre-existing conditions?
- Leafs are down but not out of tight series against Capitals
- Monday like Day One for 'Baahubali 2': KJo
- Local residents anxious about family members in Puerto Rico
- Latta votes for overtime flexibility bill
- Houston Texans Trade Up to No. 12 To Select QB Deshaun Watson
- Samsung To Launch Galaxy S8 And S8 Plus In India Today
- Kim Kardashian on hunt for a new member of her glam squad
- British heavyweight boxing star Joshua knocks out Klitschko
- Saturday night storms could be severe
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild DLC Pack 1 detailed