Miralem Pjanic flicked the ball to Higuain on the edge of the area and the Argentina worldwide fired a right-footed strike into the bottom left corner.
Adem Ljajic gave Torino a 52nd-minute lead with an exquisite free kick but the side were incensed when Afriyie Acquah was sent off five minutes later after two harshly awarded yellow cards.
Juventus manager Max Allegri has ruled out signing Torino star Andrea Belotti in the summer. Roma could hand Juventus the title if it fails to match or beat the Bianconeri's result when it visits AC Milan on Sunday. "It doesn´t take a rocket scientist to tell that", said Mihajlovic.
"We did something nobody else had been able to do, which was to stop Juventus winning at home in Serie A and we did it with 10 men".
Juventus will meet Lazio in the Italian Cup final and, after a 2-0 win over Monaco in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final, look to have one foot in the Cardiff showpiece.
Napoli leapfrog Roma thanks to Mertens show
Torino took a shock lead when Ljajic floated a ideal free kick over the wall and in off the underside of the crossbar, leaving Norberto Neto stranded.
"But that's football. Sometime you create lots of chances and come away with nothing, or the contrary can happen". Only Roma's Edin Dzeko matches his 25 league goals this season and Manchester United are the latest team to be linked with the Italy worldwide, who is reportedly valued around £85million. "I am still happy since this point puts us closer to our objective".
Napoli, only one point behind in third place, will move into the league's second automatic Champions League qualifying spot with a win at home to Cagliari on Saturday.
Lorenzo Insigne added Napoli's third goal in the 62nd minute, while Diego Farias netted a consolation for the visitors in stoppage time.
Trump warns N. Korea missiles 'will only get better'
Residents in the village of Seongj, where the missile defense system is being installed, scuffled with police on Sunday. But both China and Russian Federation rebuked Washington's threat of military force at a meeting of the U.N.
- LaVar Ball's company unveils son Lonzo Ball's $495 shoes
- Meteor Shower peaks Friday night, Saturday morning
- Capitals replace Holtby in goal for 3rd period of Game 2
- Apple steps up its effort to emphasize its economic impact
- Local residents anxious about family members in Puerto Rico
- Indian police detain 3 in beating death of Muslim man
- Marvel reveals the first teaser poster for ABC's 'Inhumans'
- "Blade Runner 2049" teaser posters take you to the future
- White House dismisses chief usher, 1st woman to hold post
- Facebook begins selling low-priced WiFi in India