Samajwadi Party patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav said on Sunday that it was a "mistake" to make his son Akhilesh Yadav chief minister of Uttar Pradesh while he blamed the alliance with the Congress for the "poor" state of the party and said efforts should be made to strengthen it.
Aparna Yadav, the younger daughter-in-law of Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, has asked Akhilesh Yadav to step down as the party national President in his father's favour.
In a development confirming the split within the Samajwadi Party, Shivpal Yadav earlier announced the formation of a new party "Samajwadi Secular Morcha". "The Samajwadi Party in 2012 went to the Assembly elections on my face and the people had voted for me, yet I committed a grave error and chose to install Akhilesh as Chief Minister", said Mulayam in Mainpuri on Sunday.
The SP-Congress alliance had faced a rout in the recent Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections.
He termed Yadav's claim that the Congress was responsible for the current poor state of SP as "baseless". I had advised Akhilesh not to go ahead with the alliance but he did not listen to me.
Oil hovers near $46 as shale revival cancels out OPEC efforts
The U.S. dollar hit its lowest level in roughly six months against the euro at $1.0999. Crashing oil prices in late 2015 and early 2016 dealt a blow to the US shale industry.
Mulayam Singh Yadav also said that Shivpal Yadav was right in calling prof Ram Gopal Yadav a "Shakuni".
The SP candidate in Lucknow who had often raised questions with her interaction with BJP leaders once again praised Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath. "The Samajwadi Party lost the polls because of its own fault", he added. The party will also include minorities, farmers and youth. He expelled a host of district-level leaders but the most prominent among them were two Shivpal loyalists - Mohd Shahid and Deepak Misra.
Ramesh was the SP's Noida unit chief, while Kallu was the party's Noida Yuvjan Sabha president. I should have taken over as the Chief Minister in 2012.
Shivpal asserted that Akhilesh should first unite the party and the family.
Aparna's statement is likely to further intensify the ongoing family feud in the Samajwadi Party.
- Marvel reveals the first teaser poster for ABC's 'Inhumans'
- Which Spurs will get a bump in DFS with Parker sidelined?
- Kershaw, Bellinger lead Dodgers to 10-2 win over Padres
- Capitals replace Holtby in goal for 3rd period of Game 2
- Trump warns N. Korea missiles 'will only get better'
- Luigi's Death Stare Is Making A Comeback With Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- "Blade Runner 2049" teaser posters take you to the future
- First time in two decades! India break into top 100
- Juventus salvage draw with Torino at home; Napoli go second with win
- Hungry Raptors rebound in tough battle with Bucks to tie series