Kim Hak Song was arrested Saturday "on suspicion of his hostile acts against [the state]", North Korea's state-run news agency KCNA reported Sunday.
- Tony Kim, who also goes by his Korean name Kim Sang-duk, was detained April 22 at the Pyongyang airport.
In the past few weeks two USA citizens working at PUST North Koreas only privately run University have been detained.
An ethnic Korean born in China in 1963, Kim studied agriculture at a Chinese university, then studied theology in Los Angeles between 1995 and 2005.
The United States has sent an aircraft carrier strike group to waters off the Korean coast as a warning to North Korea to cut back on its military activities.
In April, North Korea had detained another U.S. citizen for alleged hostile activities and there are two other Americans serving jail terms for anti-Pyongyang activities.
The others are Otto Warmbier, serving a 15-year prison term with hard labor for alleged anti-state acts - he allegedly tried to steal a propaganda banner at his tourist hotel - and Kim Dong Chul, serving a 10-year term with hard labor for alleged espionage.
Conservatives open up record lead - ICM poll
The Conservatives finished as the largest party on six councils, and were joint largest alongside the SNP in Stirling. And now the Tories have older people in their sights too - as they gear up to end the pensions triple lock.
Tension between the USA and North Korea has escalated in recent weeks, after concerns were raised about North Korea's advancing weapons program. Just last week, North Korea state media published an 1,800-word report accusing the US and South Korea of plotting to kill leader Kim Jong Un.
There are two other United States citizens serving jail sentences for anti-North Korea activities. Kim had spent several weeks in North Korea to teach accounting at the Pyongyang University of Science & Technology.
PUST is North Korea's only privately funded university and has a large number of foreign teachers, including Americans.
The post North Korea congratulates France's Macron for election victory appeared first on The Independent Uganda:.
The idea is among a set of proposals that the USA floated during recent discussions with Chinese officials on how best to deal with the North Korean nuclear issue.
In a vague text message to journalists Tuesday, South Korea's Ministry of Foreign Affairs said the report from the Japan Times was "known to either be a matter that the US could not confirm, or not true".
But they have said at the same time that the door for dialogue is open. However, the reducing levels of tension between both governments appears to have convinced AFC to allow North Korea to host the match on home turf.
- Blixt, Smith pull away at Zurich Classic
- Aric Almirola wins Xfinity Series race at Talladega
- Prince Philip to step down from public duties
- Hamas says Ismail Haniyeh chosen as Islamic group's leader
- Kershaw, Bellinger lead Dodgers to 10-2 win over Padres
- Police officer shot in face, shooter holed up in motel room
- Family of black teen killed by police demand prosecution
- BJP dubs Mulayam's statement on Akhilesh as 'another episode of family drama'
- Juventus salvage draw with Torino at home; Napoli go second with win
- Fired-up Bouchard prevails over Sharapova in Madrid Open showdown