Josh Gordan will not be returning the to National Football League anytime soon.
According to USA TODAY's Tom Pelissero, Gordon's application for reinstatement to the National Football League was denied this week with his next application window being kicked out to this fall.
Gordon applied in early March. After being reinstated past year and participating in the preseason, Gordon chose to check himself into rehabilitation for his drug problem.
Amid reports of another failed drug test, Gordon checked himself into rehab after serving the suspension.
The NFL has suspended Gordon four times for violating its substance-abuse policy.
In 2013, Gordon's second year in the league, he had 87 catches for a league-leading 1,646 yards despite missing the first two games of the season.
Police officer shot in face, shooter holed up in motel room
A police officer has been shot in the face at a MA motel, where the shooter is holed up in a room. The bullet remains lodged in Delaney's head and he is will likely undergo surgery.
ESPN's Adam Schefter recently spoke with Gordon's business manager Michael Johnson, who told him Gordon is in "the best place mentally" since before he was drafted by the Browns in 2012.
July 5, 2014 - Gordon is arrested for suspicion of driving while impaired in Raleigh, N.C. It was reported that Gordon was speeding and had a blood-alcochol content of.09, above the legal limit. "Our decision with Josh is just understanding where he is in this process and being able to have him", Brown said.
But last month, Gordon generated headlines for more off-field drama. And I think after today, today is really the last Josh Gordon comment I want to make about that.
"We're not in position at wide receiver to turn down a guy like Josh if we feel he's settled himself".
The Browns signed veteran receiver Kenny Britt in free agency, and are expecting a big year from 2016 first-round pick Corey Coleman in his second season. The NFL also suspended him for two games in 2013 for violations of the substance abuse policy.
- Queen Elizabeth II's Husband Prince Philip Is Retiring from Royal Duties
- Prince William gets squirted with water by a cheeky London Marathon runner
- Aric Almirola wins Xfinity Series race at Talladega
- US To Arm Kurds In Syria, Despite Turkish Opposition
- Conservatives open up record lead - ICM poll
- Cabrera returns with homer in Tigers' 5-2 win over Indians
- Family of black teen killed by police demand prosecution
- Bottas beats Vettel in Russian GP for 1st F1 win
- Trump to meet Russian foreign minister Lavrov on Wednesday - senior U.S. official
- Jakarta Governor Sentenced to Two Years in Prison for Blasphemy