Josh Gordan will not be returning the to National Football League anytime soon.
According to USA TODAY's Tom Pelissero, Gordon's application for reinstatement to the National Football League was denied this week with his next application window being kicked out to this fall.
Gordon applied in early March. After being reinstated past year and participating in the preseason, Gordon chose to check himself into rehabilitation for his drug problem.
Amid reports of another failed drug test, Gordon checked himself into rehab after serving the suspension.
The NFL has suspended Gordon four times for violating its substance-abuse policy.
In 2013, Gordon's second year in the league, he had 87 catches for a league-leading 1,646 yards despite missing the first two games of the season.
Fired-up Bouchard prevails over Sharapova in Madrid Open showdown
Sharapova broke back immediately but then dropped another service game to allow Bouchard to serve out for the match. Second-seeded Karolina Pliskova was upset in the second round, falling to Anastasija Sevastova of Latvia 6-3, 6-3.
ESPN's Adam Schefter recently spoke with Gordon's business manager Michael Johnson, who told him Gordon is in "the best place mentally" since before he was drafted by the Browns in 2012.
July 5, 2014 - Gordon is arrested for suspicion of driving while impaired in Raleigh, N.C. It was reported that Gordon was speeding and had a blood-alcochol content of.09, above the legal limit. "Our decision with Josh is just understanding where he is in this process and being able to have him", Brown said.
But last month, Gordon generated headlines for more off-field drama. And I think after today, today is really the last Josh Gordon comment I want to make about that.
"We're not in position at wide receiver to turn down a guy like Josh if we feel he's settled himself".
The Browns signed veteran receiver Kenny Britt in free agency, and are expecting a big year from 2016 first-round pick Corey Coleman in his second season. The NFL also suspended him for two games in 2013 for violations of the substance abuse policy.
- Conservatives open up record lead - ICM poll
- Family of black teen killed by police demand prosecution
- Queen Elizabeth II's Husband Prince Philip Is Retiring from Royal Duties
- Wife of American detained in North Korea pleads for his release
- Always Dreaming wins soggy 143rd Kentucky Derby
- Jakarta Governor Sentenced to Two Years in Prison for Blasphemy
- Bottas beats Vettel in Russian GP for 1st F1 win
- BJP dubs Mulayam's statement on Akhilesh as 'another episode of family drama'
- Hamas says Ismail Haniyeh chosen as Islamic group's leader
- Goins homers as Blue Jays beat Indians 4-2