Should Barkley, who is one of English football's most high profile names, leave Goodison Park, Everton will undoubtedly be looking for a replacement.
Ross Barkley remains undecided on his Everton future and is set to miss Ronald Koeman's deadline to commit himself to Goodison Park.
With the jury out on Ramiro Funes Mori and Jagielka getting older, the Toffees are expected to sign at least one centre-half and have been heavily linked with Burnley's Michael Keane.
"The board has been working a long time to sign Ross for him to stay for a longer period but it is up to the player".
"If you take so much time (in signing) you have doubts (about staying)".
"But we don't wait till August. Young players need experience, they will play in the World Cup and that's good for the development of Jonjoe Kenny, Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Ademola Lookman". "We have already tried to get players in for next season in the front positions".
Australia treasurer promises fair budget that reins in debt
A levy on the biggest banks and crackdown on multinational tax avoidance could well be out of the Greens' playbook. The federal government has projected a deficit of $29.4 billion for 2017-18, down from its projection a year ago .
"It is up to the player and he needs to make a decision".
Everton have just two matches remaining in their season and Koeman feels the time has come for Barkley to make up his mind.
Ronald Koeman's Everton suffered back-to-back Premier League defeats for the first time this season after going down 1-0 at Swansea on Saturday.
And when you consider that he has struggled to nail down a spot in the England team, or even squad, since Euro 2016, you sense that a fresh start may be in order for the midfielder.
He has struck up a good understanding with Premier League top scorer Romelu Lukaku, and his performances in 2017 in particular have caught the attention of north London rivals Arsenal and Tottenham, with the latter touted as the favourites to land him this summer.
- Teen's viral chicken nugget campaign surpasses Ellen Degeneres' for most retweets
- Police officer shot in face, shooter holed up in motel room
- BJP dubs Mulayam's statement on Akhilesh as 'another episode of family drama'
- Blixt, Smith pull away at Zurich Classic
- Kershaw, Bellinger lead Dodgers to 10-2 win over Padres
- Juventus salvage draw with Torino at home; Napoli go second with win
- Aric Almirola wins Xfinity Series race at Talladega
- Fired-up Bouchard prevails over Sharapova in Madrid Open showdown
- US To Arm Kurds In Syria, Despite Turkish Opposition
- Always Dreaming wins soggy 143rd Kentucky Derby