Registrations for coveted WWDC spots started on March 27, and Apple has been reported to be working with local businesses "for very special experiences" around the city for the developers and engineers attending.
This year the event will be held in the conference center. Apple Music may get a more video-centric interface with the launch of iOS 11, and also host as many as 10 original shows by the end of 2017.
The first WWDC was held at San Jose in 1990, and the last time it was held there was when late Apple CEO Steve Jobs held a mock funeral for Mac OS 9, complete with a casket and flowers on stage, and announced Mac OS X 10.2 and QuickTime 6. The new device could feature a screen for FaceTime calls.
The latter is likely to be the star of WWDC, with rumours flying that Apple is prepping a special new at-home speaker to take on the Amazon Echo. Imran Choudhary, director of technology at GfK, told IBTimes UK: "With such a large consumer base already familiar with Siri, it's perhaps fair to say it's now a question of when and not if Apple decide to enter this market, or run the risk of falling behind in what looks set to be a growing category".
Jakarta Governor Sentenced to Two Years in Prison for Blasphemy
Tuesday's ruling was a surprising outcome as prosecutors had requested a one-year jail term suspended for two years. Home affairs minister Tjahjo Kumolo said Purnama's deputy would take over in the interim.
Choudhary went on: "From a consumer's perspective, Apple launching a "Siri Speaker" can only be a good thing".
Any more hardware to expect at WWDC 2017?Apple could also use the platform to announce the updated version of the iPad Pro 12.9, which was originally launched in September 2015.
Or perhaps we'll hear about smarter version of Siri - a smart speaker which will operate on Apple digital voice assistant Siri.
- Bottas beats Vettel in Russian GP for 1st F1 win
- Wife of American detained in North Korea pleads for his release
- SoftBank's profit zooms on Sprint turnaroun
- Google redesigns event recommendations in mobile search
- Fired-up Bouchard prevails over Sharapova in Madrid Open showdown
- Blixt, Smith pull away at Zurich Classic
- Prince William gets squirted with water by a cheeky London Marathon runner
- Aric Almirola wins Xfinity Series race at Talladega
- US To Arm Kurds In Syria, Despite Turkish Opposition
- Arizona man arrested in suspected serial killings