The popularity of the name "Donald" for baby boys in the United States fell from 2015 to 2016. This marks the fourth year at number one for Noah and the third for Emma. It was followed by Olivia, Ava, Sophia and Isabella.
Right behind Noah is Liam, William, Mason and James.
Actor Emma Watson has the most popular girl's name of 2016.
Each year, the list reveals the effect of pop-culture on naming trends. For girls, it was Kehlani, as in Kehlani Parrish, a singer and songwriter nominated for a Grammy in 2016. The agency first started creating the baby name list in 1997, with names dating back to 1880. Kylo Ren, a character introduced in the 2015 film "Star Wars: The Force Awakens", is (spoiler!) the troubled son of Princess Leia and Han Solo who leans toward the Dark Side of the Force to emulate his grandfather Darth Vader.
Meanwhile, names such as Caitlin, Caitlyn, Katelynn and Kaitlynn were among the fastest dropping names, according to the Associated Press. While it's hard to believe there isn't a certain amount of transphobia behind this sudden drop, Laura Wattenburg, the founder of BabyNameWizard.com, claims the fall is not a result of prejudice, but an attempt to steer clear of controversy.
Australia treasurer promises fair budget that reins in debt
A levy on the biggest banks and crackdown on multinational tax avoidance could well be out of the Greens' playbook. The federal government has projected a deficit of $29.4 billion for 2017-18, down from its projection a year ago .
The drop comes a year after Caitlyn Jenner announced her new name and gender.
"It was inevitable. Caitlyn was already falling in popularity".
In 1950, only five percent of US parents chose a name for their baby that wasn't in the top 1,000 names By 2012 it was up to 27 percent. "Now it is suddenly controversial", she said.
The name Kehlani rose to number 872 from number 3,359 in 2015, while the name Kylo rose to number 902 from number 3,269 in 2015.
- Donald Trump Slams at Stephen Colbert
- Conservatives open up record lead - ICM poll
- Trump Urges Liberty Students to Defy Critics, Challenge System
- Josh Gordon reinstatement request denied by NFL
- Dbacks' Iannetta has stitches in lip, fractured teeth, nose
- Miss District of Columbia wins 2017 Miss USA
- SoftBank's profit zooms on Sprint turnaroun
- OnePlus 3T vs Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017): A Showdown
- One Belt and One Road initiative is good for Africa - Amb. Kayonga
- Google redesigns event recommendations in mobile search