The president made respect for law enforcement a theme of his remarks outside the U.S. Capitol.
"Montana's peace officers are dedicated public servants who work tirelessly each and every day to serve our communities", Bullock wrote in his proclamation.
President Trump announced Monday that he'll light the White House blue to honor police officers for Monday's Peace Officer Memorial Day.
On Monday, the nation will pause to remember law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty, including two Hoosier heroes. "The attacks on our police are a stain on the very fabric of our society".
In Cody, flags were flown half-staff on federal government property and Cody police officers covered their badges with black cloth for 24 hours in honor of law enforcement who have lost their lives. His name has been added to the state's Law Enforcement Memorial.
"Police officers, especially at HPD, are the most unselfish people on this earth because they're willing to help someone they don't even know", Okimoto said.
Donald Trump, Not a Popular President or Baby Name
The name Kehlani rose to number 872 from number 3,359 in 2015, while the name Kylo rose to number 902 from number 3,269 in 2015. For girls, it was Kehlani , as in Kehlani Parrish, a singer and songwriter nominated for a Grammy in 2016.
Trump criticized the rise of anti-police rhetoric, blaming it for creating a climate that contributed to violence against law enforcement officers.
"America stands strong with our men and women in blue", Trump continued.
"We as a family, we as a brotherhood band together, we support these families year in and year out we're there for them", Cabell County Sheriff Chuck Zerkle said.
A crowd gathered at 9 a.m.as officers filed into a second-floor room of the police department, stopping to face a memorial wall with four framed photos of officers who died in the line of duty.
The first recorded was officer Newton Perkins of the Jackson Police Department, who died in July 1876.
- Pablo Zabaleta to leave Manchester City
- Google redesigns event recommendations in mobile search
- John Oliver Says We Should Blame Congress For Enabling Trump's Scandals
- US, EU in urgent talks on expanding laptop ban on flights
- Dbacks' Iannetta has stitches in lip, fractured teeth, nose
- SoftBank's profit zooms on Sprint turnaroun
- G-7 nations seek ways to make growth help more people
- Intel Report: Iran Refining Nuke Delivery System in Flagrant Violation of Ban
- Miss District of Columbia wins 2017 Miss USA
- Melissa McCarthy adds spice (and Spicer) as host of 'SNL'