Both HTC Vive and Lenovo are also working on Daydream-supported standalone VR headsets, and the first models are expected to be released later this year.
He said LG's next flagship smartphone, set to launch later this year, will support Daydream. It is working with HTC, the company that made the Vive VR headset for PC, and Lenovo on hardware.
Current VR headsets, including Facebook Inc.'s Oculus Rift and Google's own Daydream system, require a PC or phone.
Bavor said the company wants to make sure these devices are easy to use, and offer better performance than headsets powered by a phone. DayDream now faces extremely limited support, with most people only capable of experiencing it on their Pixel devices. Qualcomm designed (with Samsung's help) its Snapdragon 835 SoC for the express goal of enabling "immersive experiences" on mobile devices.
Donald Trump, Not a Popular President or Baby Name
The name Kehlani rose to number 872 from number 3,359 in 2015, while the name Kylo rose to number 902 from number 3,269 in 2015. For girls, it was Kehlani , as in Kehlani Parrish, a singer and songwriter nominated for a Grammy in 2016.
Meanwhile, Google has been steadily building up its collection of tools for creating VR content.
That's a big difference from some existing VR headsets, such as the Samsung Gear and Google's own previous headset, which are basically fancy cases with special lenses that a user slides a phone into.
As for how well it will work or how it compares to existing VR headsets, we don't yet know. In addition, you also won't need to install external tracking devices around the room. The company says each headset will feature Vr-optimized displays, optics, and sensors. However, today, at the ongoing I/O Google has announced that Samsung Galaxy S8 and the S8 Plus will be getting the DayDream feature via a software update. You just put the thing on and start using it.
Finally, Google's Expedition VR experience for school is going to get an AR component later this year.
- Potentially severe weather including high wind gusts en route to Topeka area
- Miss District of Columbia wins 2017 Miss USA
- HTC U11 comes with three voice assistants
- Pablo Zabaleta to leave Manchester City
- McKayla Maroney Says Ass Video Wasn't Hacked, Enjoy It
- Marshalls plc (MSLH) Earns "Buy" Rating from Shore Capital
- This is Moto C, not the one you were looking for
- Melissa McCarthy adds spice (and Spicer) as host of 'SNL'
- US, EU in urgent talks on expanding laptop ban on flights
- Turkey-US ties in spotlight as Erdogan faces tough talks with Trump