"The thought that anyone could go out to a concert and not come home is heartbreaking, " he said.
The Manchester City manager's wife Cristina Serra and their two daughters, Maria and Valentina, were among 21,000 fans at the city centre venue to see American singer Ariana Grande.
These teens got the ultimate prom selfie with Justin Trudeau
Official photographer to the Prime Minister Adam Scotti tweeted a picture of the moment, captioned: "Prom season in #Vancouver". Prime Minister Justin Trudeau surprised a group of Vancouver promgoers during a run on the seawall on Friday, May 19, 2017.
Grande tweeted about the attack last night saying, "broken. from the bottom of my heart, I am so so sorry".
"We are working to establish the full details of what is being treated by the police as an appalling terrorist attack", she said, adding that the terror threat level in the United Kingdom will remain at "severe" which means an attack is highly likely but officials will now consider whether it should be raised to "critical" the highest level possible.
Authorities believe they know the identity of the man who carried out the suicide blast.
One mother, Charlotte Hall, resorted to social media in order to find her child - posting a desperate plea for help on Twitter. "I have every confidence that thanks to the efforts of our police and law enforcement partners that we'll continue to do so".
Club captain posted: "I would like to express my deepest condolences to the families of the victims".
- Lack of sleep makes you ugly, new research shows
- Curry's 36 points leads Warriors to sweep Spurs, 129-115
- Nashville wants more history than just 1st Stanley Cup Final
- Watch the Destiny 2 gameplay premiere livestream event here at 6pm
- Egyptian President: Trump Is 'Capable of Doing the Impossible'
- Rain likely Tuesday night, Wednesday; sun comes back Thursday
- 'Dozens hurt' as Palestinians clash with Israeli troops
- Tom Cruise Confirms 'Top Gun 2'
- London Sevens: Scotland upsets hosts England in season finale
- German Foreign Minister Wades Into Row Over Greek Debt Bailout