Cosatu is holding a briefing in Johannesburg on Tuesday about its recent special central executive committee meeting.
Two sources said that ANC party leaders would discuss the removal of Mr Zuma, sending the rand up 1.5 per cent against the dollar.
The congress comes after a Cosatu resolution that President Jacob Zuma should step down, but Dlamini has been under pressure, criticised for seemingly taking a soft stance against Zuma.
Cosatu are committed to their alliance with the ANC and the South African Communist Party (SACP), and they will work towards uniting the alliance, said Ntshalintshali.
The federation has also publicly endorsed Zuma's deputy, Cyril Ramaphosa, to take over as head of the party and as president of the country. Cosatu's biggest affiliate, the National Union of Metalworkers SA (Numsa), was expelled in 2014 and general secretary Zwelinzima Vavi was axed the next year.
Panik homers as Giants beat Lackey, Cubs 6-4
The Giants (20-26) made it eight wins in their past 10 games while the Cubs (22-21) fell for the second time in their past three. Hunter Strickland , the fourth Giants pitcher of the inning, got Willson Contreras to roll into an inning-ending double play.
This follows the booing of Zuma and other African National Congress (ANC) leaders at the May Day celebrations in Free State.
However the federation said its president Sdumo Dlamini was not asked to apologise for attending Zuma's birthday bash in Soweto on April 21. "The issue of discomfort around the president attending - the ANC said it is them that shall decide who attends the May Day rally", Losi said.
The decision came out of the trade union federation's Central Executive Committee meeting.
The ANC elaborated that, as it "has not received any formal communication in this regard, we [ANC] therefore, won't make any comments until such time there is an engagement with Cosatu".
The federation also appeared to blame Zuma's lack of leadership on the decision by General Motors (GM) to disinvest from South Africa.
- Poor and disabled big losers in Trump budget; military wins
- China and ASEAN Near A Code of Conduct?
- Sheriff David Clarke plagiarized portions of his master's thesis on homeland security
- Palestinians hold general strike ahead of Trump's arrival
- Iraqi forces release videos countering claims of abuse
- Korea bears the brunt of China's displeasure
- US Navy ships sail within 12 miles of China-claimed reef
- [ May 26, 2017 ] Jaguar XE SV Project 8 confirmed Car News
- DFA Sec. Cayetano clarifies PRRD's statement on China's war threat
- Stenson enjoyed visiting scene of Open triumph ahead of BMW PGA Championship