The production-ready XE SV Project 8 is expected to go on sale in the summer, although the majority are expected to be snapped up by collectors, which means they'll be sold out long before they reach dealers. To live up to such a lofty claim, the 5.0-litre V8 from the F-Type SVR has been squeezed under the bonnet.
Special Vehicle Operations is now developing a very serious version of the XE mid-size sedan, confirming that it will feature an incredibly powerful 5.0-litre supercharged V8 producing 441kW. Expect similarly track-oriented componentry on the Project 8's brakes and suspension, and an engine, gearbox and suspension calibration honed on the fearsome Nurburgring Nordschleife.
"The time is right for SVO to produce the most extreme performance road auto in the history of Jaguar". What we do know is that the auto will be limited to 300 units worldwide with all the new vehicles being hand-assembled at SVO's technical centre in Coventry.
However, whereas other iterations of this engine develop 550, as seen in the F-TYPE R and Range Rover SVR, and 575 in the F-TYPE SVR, the XE SV Project 8 will likely be the most powerful Jaguar ever built as it wants it to feature 600 supercharged horses.
Korea bears the brunt of China's displeasure
Japan is also exploring the idea of hosting a trilateral summit with South Korea and China on the occasion of Moon's visit to Japan.
Jaguar's Special Vehicle Operations fast-car skunkworks has jammed a supercharged 5.0-litre V8 into the snout of the middle-management-spec XE sedan, creating what it says will be the most "extreme performance" of any road-going Jaguar ever.
Set for an official debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the United Kingdom next month, check out the Project 8 in action, and some serious camouflage, under testing on the Nürburgring...
The Project 8 becomes the second collectors' edition vehicle after the launch of Jaguar F-Type Project 7 in 2014. The price of the super sedan has not yet been released, but according to Edwards, the price will reflect the excellent performance of the sedan that is available in such limited numbers. Just 300 being built.
- Button sets the Champagne aside for Monaco return
- Find Out Everything You Need To Know About 'Destiny 2'
- Tears and applause as 'greatest show on earth' takes a final bow
- US Navy ships sail within 12 miles of China-claimed reef
- Families searching for missing loved ones after attack
- German Foreign Minister Wades Into Row Over Greek Debt Bailout
- Study finds chocolate may decrease risk of irregular heartbeat
- Stenson enjoyed visiting scene of Open triumph ahead of BMW PGA Championship
- Rain likely Tuesday night, Wednesday; sun comes back Thursday
- Gay rights in China get fillip from Taiwan same-sex marriage ruling