Professor Osinbajo who stated this in Calabar, the state capital on Thursday during a two-day working visit said the industrial hub which comprises of the garment factory, Calapharm, rice city, among others will help in fast tracking economic development in the country.
His comments come as the calls for a secession of Nigeria into Biafra continues to rise in the Southeast.
Acting President Yemi Osinbajo says the ceding of Bakassi to neighbouring Cameroon as a result of a judgement by the worldwide court of justice (ICJ) is a loss to Nigeria. "We are committed to the transformation of the state and we know we will achieve what we have set out to do".
According to Osinbajo, the country has tried in managing its diversity so far, arguing that crisis of any type is not healthy for the country. We are greater together than apart. Every one of our ethnic groups needs the support of the other. "Unity is absolutely important because God wants us to be united", Osinbajo said.
Cyclone Mora ravages Rohingya refugee camp in Bangladesh
Some of the worst damage was at camps housing the 300,000 Rohingya refugees living in Cox's Bazar, many of them in flimsy huts. He also said, "Search and rescue for more survivors is drastically hampered due to prevailing rough weather in the area".
"The Federal Government will certainly do more and engage more with the displaced in Bakassi". When people speak of Nigeria, it is because of its diversity.
In his response, the Obong of Calabar, while appreciating the visit and asked that the traditional institution be given constitutional powers.
Speaking on the relationship between soldiers and some residents of Bakassi, Prof.Osinbajo assured that the Federal Government "will also thoroughly investigate the issues raised on the relationship between the military, the militants and the people of Bakassi", with a view to find a lasting solution to the problem.
- Trump keeps up criticism of Germany
- Trump to Pull U.S. Out of Landmark 2015 Paris Climate Deal
- Men probing Ivanka Trump supplier in China arrested, missing
- Back on court after knife attack, Kvitova wins in Paris
- AMD Details Ryzen Mobile, Threadripper, Radeon Vega, and Epyc at Computex 2017
- Muguruza downs Schiavone to begin title defence
- Merkel spokesman: Germany still seeking stronger United States ties
- Effigies of Rajinikanth burnt, protestors term him Kannadiga
- President Trump Says His Trip Saved 'Millions of Jobs.' That's Not True
- New Star Wars: The Last Jedi Characters Revealed In Awesome Images