The company is expected to unveil a voice-activated, internet-connected speaker that would create a new digital pipeline into people's homes.
But while Amazon and Google have stressed the daily practicalities of the artificial intelligence assistants that run Echo and Home, Apple framed HomePod more as a music-listening platform, with practicalities like reminders and calendar nearly an after thought. However, HomePod, which will starts shipping in December, can tell you the weather, read news and sports scores, and perform many other tasks, all beginning with the command, "Hey Siri".
Men probing Ivanka Trump supplier in China arrested, missing
Factory managers couldn't be reached for comment by phone. "The accusation from Jiangxi police has no factual basis", Li said. In the past, the worst thing Li feared was having investigators kicked out of a factory or face a short police detention .
HomePod comes three years after Amazon launched the Echo and six months after Google launched its Home. The research firm eMarketer says than 35 million people in the USA are expected to use a voice-activated speaker at least once a month this year, more than double its estimate from last year. You can instruct Siri to play your favorite song, ask questions, etc.
The HomePod will be available from December in the United States and United Kingdom, priced at $349 (£215) - although the conversion might differ. This processor helps power the device as well as ensures it can easily navigate through the cloud and fetch the music in the smoothest possible way. The new speaker establishes a bulwark inside the home to lock customers more tightly into these services. Siri was originally developed at SRI International as part of a DARPA-funded artificial intelligence project called CALO (Cognitive Assistant that Learns and Organizes) and spun out as a startup; Apple purchased it in 2010.
For instance, if a contact sends you a request for money, Siri will immediately surface the new Apple Pay feature in your messages which allows you to make person-to-person payments, a challenge to PayPal Holdings Inc.'s similar Venmo system.
WWDC is Apple's annual pitch to software engineers to continue building programs for the iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch.
With consumers less interested in buying new tablets, Apple has increased its focus on designing tablets for professionals to do much of the same work that they usually perform on a laptop computer.
- Arsenal hands Wenger new contract after review of struggles
- Serena's back at a Slam! OK, sort of; she watched Venus win
- Graham Rahal wins Detroit Grand Prix pole by default
- Apple Watch will sync with your treadmill to share workout data
- Spieth chases Lingmerth as Johnson falters at Memorial
- White House Insists "Covfefe" Is Real-and Trump Insiders Know What It
- Cyclone Mora ravages Rohingya refugee camp in Bangladesh
- Osinbajo inaugurates Nigeria's Industrial Policy and Competitiveness Council
- 'Wonder Woman' has biggest opening ever for a female director
- 6th grader advances to final round of National Spelling Bee