Edmund McMillen - the brains behind cult indie titles like Super Meat Boy and The Binding of Isaac - has revealed his latest project and it follows in much the same vain of his past work, with its tight platforming, somewhat-sinister art-style/aesthetic and evident hard from the get-go.
In this game we take control of Ash, one of the few "things" that has "survived" the "end of the world".
Out-of-nowhere Ostapenko to face Halep for French Open title
It was clear from the start that Ostapenko was going to be the aggressor and she edged a first set in which she hit 21 winners. Ostapenko , an unseeded player, took down No. 30 Timea Bacsinszky in her semifinal matchup, winning, 7-6 (4), 3-6, 6-3.
The platformer will be for PC, with McMillen commenting that a Switch port is planned to follow and "possibly more consoles later". The End is Nigh is out on Steam next month, July 12th to be exact.
McMillen explained on his blog that The End is Nigh came out of a game jam he had with Glaiel in December when the two were falling into a rut working on a procedurally-generated platforming shooter called 0uroboros. The player's job is to help him literally make a friend out of all the parts and pieces of people he finds.
It appears to be a pretty meaty affair as there's over 600 stages on offer, as well as over 20 mini-games in the game that can be accessed through the aforementioned collectable cartridges. They started work on this in December of past year as a way to get away from the constant work on another in-development title they have, 0uraboros. "I'm extremely proud of what we've accomplished with this game, it embodies aspects of basically every game I've ever created and I'm super excited to see what you guys think".
- The iMac Pro is Apple's most powerful computer ever
- Grande to Return to Stage Sunday for Manchester Benefit Show
- Trump hails the fallen and their families at Arlington
- 'Wonder Woman' has biggest opening ever for a female director
- Alleged Russian hack reveals a deeply flawed US election system
- Jordan lowers diplomatic representation in Qatar
- Accused leaker Reality Winner pleads not guilty, denied bail
- 'We are not ready to surrender,' Qatar's foreign minister says
- Spieth chases Lingmerth as Johnson falters at Memorial
- WWE Extreme Rules (2017) Start Time and Match Card