It is also located near an off-ramp to a freeway.
A Powerball spokesman said it may take some time to determine whether someone won an estimated $435 million jackpot Saturday, the Associated Press reported.
Menifee is a city of 89,000 people southeast of Los Angeles.
Matthew Alberre, the store's manager, said he was with family celebrating his cousin's high school graduation when he received word about the winning ticket.
This year started out tough for Alberre and his father because the father is suffering from pulmonary fibrosis lung disease. "We're very, very grateful for this to happen to our store".
Position-by-position matchups for the NBA Finals
James had won two titles as part of another "super team" in Miami but last year's crown meant even more to his legacy. Not to go out there and score a number of points, but to just go out there and win the game and make winning plays.
Powerball lottery tickets are held at Jessie's Express Cafe with the jackpot at 1.5 billion dollars in New York City on January 12, 2016.
Menifee has about 89,000 residents.
The almost half-a-billion dollar jackpot is the seventh largest in Powerball history, and reportedly the tenth largest in US lottery history.
The owner of the California deli that sold the sole jackpot winning Powerball ticket on Saturday calls the win "unbelievable". Officials say the earliest the ticket could be redeemed is 8 a.m. Monday.
The unnamed victor has a year to claim the jackpot. His store gets $1 million from the state as the lucky retailer. Saturday's Powerball drawing was the 10th largest lottery prize in US history. California is one of 44 states, plus Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, that participate in Powerball.
- Korean official suspended over US missile defense report
- Puerto Rico overwhelmingly votes in favor of U.S. statehood amid low turnout
- US Attorneys-General to sue over foreign payments to Trump hotels
- Half support Trump travel ban
- Twelve arrested after London terror attacks released without charge
- Saturday night's Powerball jackpot reaches $435 million
- Trump's approval rating dips to 34%
- Captain Kane rescues England against Scotland
- Gulf states announce humanitarian hotline for mixed Qatari families
- Out-of-nowhere Ostapenko to face Halep for French Open title