A statement released to the media on Monday said the Democratic attorneys general will make the announcement at a news conference planned for noon EDT in Washington.
If a federal judge allows the case to proceed, one of the first steps will be to demand through the discovery process copies of Trump's personal tax returns to gauge the extent of his foreign business dealings. For instance, the president still receives routine updates on the company's finances.
President Trump will be sued by Maryland and D.C.'s attorney generals for alleged violations of the Constitution's emoluments clause..
Coalition strikes 'kill 17 civilians' as battle for Raqa rages
Iraqi forces backed by the coalition are also battling IS in Mosul, where the jihadists are now confined to a few neighbourhoods . Tensions around At-Tanaf have surged as pro-regime forces, including Iranian-backed militias, look to expand their influence.
The Post cited examples of foreign government showing preference for that hotel over others, at what neighbouring Maryland and Washington say is their expense.
"We're getting in here to be the check and balance that it appears Congress is unwilling to be", Racine told the Post, describing the case.
President Donald Trump waits to speak during the National Peace Officers Memorial Service on the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C., May 15, 2017. The first was filed in January by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, a D.C. -based watchdog group. The government also said Trump hotel revenue does not fit the definition of an improper payment under the constitution.
- Half support Trump travel ban
- Out-of-nowhere Ostapenko to face Halep for French Open title
- Captain Kane rescues England against Scotland
- Philippine marines killed in fighting with militants
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in California worth $447M
- Puerto Rico overwhelmingly votes in favor of U.S. statehood amid low turnout
- Ruth Davidson dismisses Scottish Tories breakaway claim
- Fernando Alonso: If McLaren wins by September, I'll stay for 2018
- Trump hails the fallen and their families at Arlington
- Cape Town coastal resort fire kills five people, including two children