Last week, Spicer and White House chief of staff Reince Priebus contacted conservative commentator Laura Ingraham about the role of press secretary and Daily Mail editor David Martosko about the role of communications director, according to Politico. "The White House. And it's just, it's weird", Acosta continued, seeming stunned.
Spicer demanded Monday that his briefing would be off-camera and without audio, which meant journalists could report what he said but not record or broadcast it. "I don't know why everybody is going along with this", Acosta said.
"And it just feels like we're sort of slowly but surely being dragged into what is a new normal in this country where the president of the United States is allowed to insulate himself from answering hard questions".
Portugal forest fires kills 24, many burn to death in their cars
Francis referred to the "devastating fire" at the end of his Sunday prayer, delivered from his studio window overlooking St. Interior Ministry official Jorge Gomes said Sunday that at least 30 people died inside their cars as they tried to flee.
"We have sought input from many people as we look to expand our communications operation", White House deputy press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said.
Before Trump took office, there had been concerns among the White House press corps that his team would scale back the number of daily press briefings, or move them to another location, outside of the West Wing. In subsequent months, he would see the statements he made at the White House podium contradicted by the President - raising questions about the administration's credibility and Spicer's ability to speak for Trump with confidence.
Speculation has been rampant for weeks about Spicer's status at the White House, especially in the wake of President Trump's abrupt decision to fire FBI Director James Comey. "If they can't give us the answers to the questions on camera or where we can record the audio, they are basically pointless at this point".
- Deontay Wilder Arrested For Possession of Marijuana
- Twitter briefly suspends Al-Jazeera Arabic amid Qatar rift
- Tropical weather likely in Gulf
- Mistrial declared in Bill Cosby criminal case
- Donnarumma rejects new AC Milan contract
- Congressman's condition 'more difficult' than first thought
- Top House GOP leader shot at congressional baseball practice
- U.S. servicemembers wounded in 2nd Afghan insider attack in a week
- Sphero Storytelling Spider-Man Toy
- Avildsen, Director Of Rocky, Karate Kid Dies At 81