Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) has already predicted that Eid-ul-Fitr is likely to fall on June 26. The Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) follows guidance from the Fiqh Council of North America, which relies on astronomical calculations of the moon sighting in Mecca, the city in Saudi Arabia that is considered the birthplace of Islam. The declaration from the Saudi Supreme Court is expected shortly.
"It's been a nice month of worshipping, a month of giving, and now it will be a wonderful celebration", Parramatta Islamic Cultural Association president Neil El-Kadomi said on Friday.
The end of Ramadan is here, which means Muslims all over the globe will be celebrating Eid al-Fitr, a religious festival that typically lasts three days in most Muslim countries. This is followed by a hearty breakfast before heading off to pray at a mosque or outdoor prayer venue. The video's description has lecture notes with approximate timestamps. If not, Eid al-Fitr will be celebrated on Monday.Many countries like Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain, Syria, Iraq, Egypt and others are celebrating Eid al-Fitr on Sunday.
EVERY year millions of Muslims around the United Kingdom and the world celebrate Eid. As the EID 2017 will be not just a celebration but also entire Islamic world praise their Holy Quran to their Belief and making their Allah a part in their Prayers. It's seen as a day for special prayers. Abiding by the Sunnah - the record of teachings of Prophet Mohammad, people wake up early in the morning, chant the Salat ul-Fajr (daily prayers), take a bath and wear ittar (perfume).
What to Expect in Senate's Health Care Bill
The bill needs a simple majority to pass in the Senate before it can go on to the president and potentially become law. For years, Trump and the Republicans claimed they could repeal Obamacare and produce a much better plan.
The decision to celebrate the festival on Sunday came following the sighting of the moon of Shawwal, the month following Ramzan.Official Twitter for Haramain, which gives updates about Makkah and Madinah, announced the sighting of the moon.
Like most family holidays around the world, Eid can mean negotiating hard family relations, especially for newlyweds who are often faced with the dilemma of deciding whose family to have Eid lunch with. Eid is celebrated during the first day of Shawaal.
When is Eid al-Fitr observed?
- Nasa telescope finds 10 more planets that could have life
- Existing home sales rebound pushing median price to new high
- Modi leaves for U.S. after concluding Portugal trip
- Hike adds wallet, UPI payment features to messaging platform
- 800 households evacuated in London among fire concerns
- UK PM pledges 'humility and resolve' ahead of Queen's Speech
- Ferrari 'there or thereabouts' heading into Azerbaijan GP qualifying
- 'Venom,' Other Spider-Man Spin-Offs Set in 'Homecoming' Universe
- Family affair: Lakers grab Lonzo Ball with 2nd overall pick
- Trump friend: Mueller 'illegitimate as special counsel'