A survey of 1,000 people by the South Korean Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism conducted in May resulted in 63 percent of respondents saying they believed the first Winter Olympics in South Korea would succeed.
Do plans to discuss the matter with Jang and IOC President Thomas Bach, both of whom are scheduled to visit South Korea later this month to attend the closing ceremony of an worldwide Taekwondo competition. Reconciliation between North and South is a key goal of new South Korean President Moon Jae-in.
The sports minister further said that both Nation could co-host the ski resort even with Jang Woong, who is the delegate of North Korea to the IOC.
South Korea gained a berth in the women's ice hockey event alongside seven other teams, but North Korea did not make it.
The Paralympic Games take place March 9 to March 18.
This proposal was swiftly dismissed by Pyeongchang 2018, but organisers now appear open to discussing the possibility of North Korean hosting some events.
UK PM pledges 'humility and resolve' ahead of Queen's Speech
The Queen's Speech is expected to include legislation around reducing tenancy fees and energy prices, the Times has reported. After facing intense pressure to soften her Brexit plans since the election, May promised to consult widely.
The Olympic rings outside the Gangneung Hockey Centre in Gangneung, South Korea.
Tension has been high for months over North Korea's nuclear and missile development, and due to fears it will conduct a sixth nuclear test and more ballistic missile launches in defiance of U.N. Security Council resolutions.
Reports also suggest that some skiing events could even be moved north of the border. But talks broke down and the North boycotted the Games.
The news comes amid rising tensions on the Korean Peninsula, following the North Korean regime's missile tests, as well as the death of Otto Warmbier, a United States student who suffered severe neurological trauma while serving part of a 15-year sentence for stealing a political banner.
- Wyoming Farm Bureau Federation statement on grizzly bear delisting
- Existing home sales rebound pushing median price to new high
- Amazon to buy Whole Foods Market in deal valued at $13.7 billion
- Trump friend: Mueller 'illegitimate as special counsel'
- Kane rescues draw for England against Scotland in qualifying
- 'Venom,' Other Spider-Man Spin-Offs Set in 'Homecoming' Universe
- Saudi Naval Forces Seize Boat, Weapons Near Oil Field
- Tracking the tropical system in the Gulf
- What to Expect in Senate's Health Care Bill
- America's banks are really, really healthy