A survey of 1,000 people by the South Korean Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism conducted in May resulted in 63 percent of respondents saying they believed the first Winter Olympics in South Korea would succeed.
Do plans to discuss the matter with Jang and IOC President Thomas Bach, both of whom are scheduled to visit South Korea later this month to attend the closing ceremony of an worldwide Taekwondo competition. Reconciliation between North and South is a key goal of new South Korean President Moon Jae-in.
The sports minister further said that both Nation could co-host the ski resort even with Jang Woong, who is the delegate of North Korea to the IOC.
South Korea gained a berth in the women's ice hockey event alongside seven other teams, but North Korea did not make it.
The Paralympic Games take place March 9 to March 18.
This proposal was swiftly dismissed by Pyeongchang 2018, but organisers now appear open to discussing the possibility of North Korean hosting some events.
Family affair: Lakers grab Lonzo Ball with 2nd overall pick
The Lakers traded former lottery pick D'Angelo Russell earlier this week, opening the door for Ball to start. The L.A. native Ball gets his wish as he will continue to play in his hometown for the Lakers.
The Olympic rings outside the Gangneung Hockey Centre in Gangneung, South Korea.
Tension has been high for months over North Korea's nuclear and missile development, and due to fears it will conduct a sixth nuclear test and more ballistic missile launches in defiance of U.N. Security Council resolutions.
Reports also suggest that some skiing events could even be moved north of the border. But talks broke down and the North boycotted the Games.
The news comes amid rising tensions on the Korean Peninsula, following the North Korean regime's missile tests, as well as the death of Otto Warmbier, a United States student who suffered severe neurological trauma while serving part of a 15-year sentence for stealing a political banner.
- Modi leaves for U.S. after concluding Portugal trip
- Amazon to buy Whole Foods Market in deal valued at $13.7 billion
- Ferrari 'there or thereabouts' heading into Azerbaijan GP qualifying
- White House Likely to Comment on Comey Tapes by End of Week
- Trump says he is being investigated over Comey firing
- Trump friend: Mueller 'illegitimate as special counsel'
- Geographic analysis: Amazon and Whole Foods footprints are remarkably similar
- Hike adds wallet, UPI payment features to messaging platform
- 'Venom,' Other Spider-Man Spin-Offs Set in 'Homecoming' Universe
- Kane rescues draw for England against Scotland in qualifying