The Nashville Predators and their abundant fanbase came prepared for their last night of hometown hockey, but the NHL hockey season ended Sunday night with the Pittsburgh Penguins 2-0 victory against the Nashville Predators in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals.
The Penguins clinched their second straight Stanley Cup with less than two minutes to go in regulation when Patric Hornqvist found the back of the net for the game's only goal. The Chicago Blackhawks. However, the Pens are the first team to repeat as champions since the '97-'98 Detroit Red Wings.
Penguins captain Sidney Crosby, who was awarded the Conn Smythe Trophy as the most valuable player of the playoffs, said his team had worked hard to keep improving with each game.
"The biggest thing we got to take from this is to remember the feeling".
Nashville lost for just the first time in regulation on home ice this postseason.
Gerrymandering benefited GOP in 2016
The "efficiency gap" formula creates a way to measure whether gerrymandering has helped a political party extend its power. For Democrats to complain of gerrymandering is "pure nonsense", said Matt Walter, the Republican committee's president.
Forget a golden anniversary: The Penguins will cap their 50th season with their names on the most famous silver cup in sports - again.
He's won two Cups in a year and a half.
Nick Bonino wasn't healthy enough to play in the final four games of this year's Stanley Cup Final. Penguins. Penguins that very well may be the greatest hockey team of the decade. He also set a rookie record with two shutouts in a Cup Final.
Through the playoffs, feeding off of the energy and stellar play of the Predators, the city showed the world what Nashville is besides a music town. In doing so, the Predators became the first eighth-seeded team to sweep a first-round series since the current playoff format was introduced in 1994.
- Would-be gunman launched into Trump tirade before shooting
- Does Driving While High Create More Crashes?
- Saints' Nick Fairley ruled out for 2017 with heart issue
- Macron's pro-EU party set for sweeping victory in French parliamentary election
- Modi leaves for U.S. after concluding Portugal trip
- 800 households evacuated in London among fire concerns
- BIGBANG's Taeyang Appointed As Ambassador For Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018
- UK Confirms It Will Leave EU Single Market Upon Brexit
- LA-area father arrested on suspicion of killing missing son
- Afghanistan declares Sunday first day of Eid-ul-Fitr