Vidal's Chile and Ronaldo's Portugal will meet in the semi-finals of this summer's tournament after progressing from the group stages.
But the Portugal captain made no mistake after Danilo was wrestled to the ground in the area by a combination of Tom Doyle and Tommy Smith following a corner.
Portugal swiftly doubled their lead when Eliseu's risky low cross from the left was forced home by Silva, although there was brief concern for the new Manchester City signing as he landed awkwardly on his ankle.
Fernando Santos's side stood up well to some concerted pressure from the All Whites after the break, with Andre Silva and Nani's first goals of Russian Federation 2017, the latter coming in stoppage time, serving to rubberstamp all three points. Both are top 5-ranked teams and New Zealand will stay around No. 95 after three defeats here.
"Let's hope they are able to play at the same level tomorrow as we've seen until now".
UK PM pledges 'humility and resolve' ahead of Queen's Speech
The Queen's Speech is expected to include legislation around reducing tenancy fees and energy prices, the Times has reported. After facing intense pressure to soften her Brexit plans since the election, May promised to consult widely.
Although that is undoubtedly a concern for the player himself, Portugal and Manchester City, the quality of Silva's performances over the course of the past year, many of which contributed to Monaco's Ligue 1 title-winning campaign, suggests that the former Benfica player has the potential to prosper in the English Premier League.
"But I think the New Zealand team should have scored a goal - they deserved one". They are not a traditional team.
Despite that, the man who has played every minute of all 19 All Whites games dating back to his debut against South Korea in early 2015 could reflect on an overall display that had further enhanced his reputation.
"It was an odd game - we were in control, but they started creating problems, and if it had got back to 2-1, it could have got complicated", said Portugal coach Fernando Santos.
"But the biggest positive for me today was that we never, ever accepted the result".
Topping the group means Portugal will face the runners-up of Group B in Kazan on Wednesday 28 June.
- BIGBANG's Taeyang Appointed As Ambassador For Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018
- Family affair: Lakers grab Lonzo Ball with 2nd overall pick
- Does Driving While High Create More Crashes?
- DRB Hicom-Geely partnership will drive Proton to success, says PM
- Hamilton's latest pole position moves him 2nd all-time in F1
- Blackhawks get Saad back in trade with Blue Jackets
- Would-be gunman launched into Trump tirade before shooting
- UK Confirms It Will Leave EU Single Market Upon Brexit
- Murray withdraws from exhibition match because of sore hip
- China aims to improve ties between Afghanistan, Pakistan