Palm Beach Gardens police say witnesses told investigators that Williams ran a red light in her 2010 Toyota Sequoia SUV, causing a June 9 crash that injured 78-year-old Jerome Barson, who died two weeks later.
Florida police say tennis star Venus Williams was at fault in a auto crash earlier this month that led to the death of a passenger in another vehicle.
Previously, Williams had tried steering questions about the wrongful death lawsuit filed by the victims' attorney that was obtained by TMZ on Friday.
'I am devasted and heartbroken by this accident.
"Completely devastating, speechless. I am just ..."
After wiping away tears, Williams said "Maybe I should go" and left the room. She tried to compose herself until the officials asked if she would like to leave.
"That's a situation that I don't know how you can help someone unless they've maybe been through that before", Murray said.
Williams made a couple of verbal attempts to express herself, then spent more than a minute trying to gather herself before temporarily leaving the news conference.
Gas prices fall 2.3 cents, but higher than a year ago
AAA says the Fourth of July holiday will likely increase demand for gasoline but not enough to cause a significant price increase. Gas Buddy shows the lowest price in Kansas City is $1.84, which makes sense after Monday morning US gas prices dropped.
On the court she seemed to have compartmentalized her job from the accident.
"This is my 20th Wimbledon", she said. "It's a special time of year".
While Williams was not given a citation by police for the crash, she was found at fault for failing to yield the right of way.
Barson's wife Linda was driving when her vehicle hit Williams' SUV.
Williams' attorney Malcolm Cunningham told reporters at CNN that, "Ms. Williams entered the intersection on a green light". However, Michael Cunningham, who is Williams' attorney, said that police have stated that his client was only driving at 5 miles per hour.
- Brazil's attorney general formally accuses Temer
- Real Madrid forward Mariano Diaz Mejia joins Lyon
- Utah Wildfire Levels 13 Homes, Forces Evacuation Of 1500 People
- USA wants to work with China despite new sanction
- China: Hong Kong handover agreement 'no longer relevant'
- Launch fails for China's Long March-5 Y2 carrier rocket
- Kyle Lowry staying in Toronto for $100 million
- Sony will start pressing vinyl records again because they're trendy
- Kate's Law, which just passed in the House, is based in myth
- The first Beyond Good and Evil 2 gameplay demo is very ambitious