Palm Beach Gardens police say witnesses told investigators that Williams ran a red light in her 2010 Toyota Sequoia SUV, causing a June 9 crash that injured 78-year-old Jerome Barson, who died two weeks later.
Florida police say tennis star Venus Williams was at fault in a auto crash earlier this month that led to the death of a passenger in another vehicle.
Previously, Williams had tried steering questions about the wrongful death lawsuit filed by the victims' attorney that was obtained by TMZ on Friday.
'I am devasted and heartbroken by this accident.
"Completely devastating, speechless. I am just ..."
After wiping away tears, Williams said "Maybe I should go" and left the room. She tried to compose herself until the officials asked if she would like to leave.
"That's a situation that I don't know how you can help someone unless they've maybe been through that before", Murray said.
Williams made a couple of verbal attempts to express herself, then spent more than a minute trying to gather herself before temporarily leaving the news conference.
Cinema Theaters shut down in Tamil Nadu
Abirami Ramanathan, president of the exhibitors association, admitted they had asked Tamil Nadu finance minister D. Hope the acclaimed director's fervent appeal achieve its goal and the Tamil film industry is saved.
On the court she seemed to have compartmentalized her job from the accident.
"This is my 20th Wimbledon", she said. "It's a special time of year".
While Williams was not given a citation by police for the crash, she was found at fault for failing to yield the right of way.
Barson's wife Linda was driving when her vehicle hit Williams' SUV.
Williams' attorney Malcolm Cunningham told reporters at CNN that, "Ms. Williams entered the intersection on a green light". However, Michael Cunningham, who is Williams' attorney, said that police have stated that his client was only driving at 5 miles per hour.
- Gas prices fall 2.3 cents, but higher than a year ago
- USA wants to work with China despite new sanction
- Real Madrid forward Mariano Diaz Mejia joins Lyon
- Can't have single or two GST rates immediately, says Jaitley
- China: Hong Kong handover agreement 'no longer relevant'
- Kyle Lowry staying in Toronto for $100 million
- Man United make £70m bid for Real Madrid striker
- Manny Pacquiao's Mandatory Challenger Jeff Horn Is A Dangerous Young Puncher
- Utah Wildfire Levels 13 Homes, Forces Evacuation Of 1500 People
- Aston Martin unveils limited edition Vantage AMR