The statewide average was $2.15, below the nationwide average of $2.23. Consumers can find gas for $2.00 or less at one out of every four gas stations in the country. In Connecticut, the state's average of $2.43 is a penny less compared to last week; and is the same as this time previous year. "A historic 3.2 million Texans will travel to celebrate our nation's freedom this year, adding to an already bustling summer travel season".
Gas prices continue to plummet across the Bradenton-Sarasota area as well as Florida, with Monday marking the 30th consecutive day of falling costs.
AAA says the Fourth of July holiday will likely increase demand for gasoline but not enough to cause a significant price increase. One reason: a report on Thursday by the U.S. Energy Information Administration that drilling activity in the United States dropped by two rigs - the first pullback since January.
TODAY'S FORECAST: Mostly cloudy, showers and thunderstorms likely
In the evening, there will be a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms under mostly cloudy skies and a low around 68. The holiday weekend typical summertime weather is in the forecast with scattered showers and storms in the afternoon.
"We're paying about 5 and a half cents less a gallon this week than last week", he said. Couple this with crude oil prices averaging $46 a barrel, and you have prices at the pump on the decline, according to the release. Palm Beach County's $2.27 average price on Monday was also 3 cents less than a week earlier.
Gas Buddy shows the lowest price in Kansas City is $1.84, which makes sense after Monday morning US gas prices dropped. That's about 7 cents less than at the same point a year ago.
Motorists hitting the road this long holiday weekend will see some of the lowest summer fuel prices in recent memory.
- Can't have single or two GST rates immediately, says Jaitley
- Microsoft Cloud focus casts job loss shadows
- Washington's stance on Kashmir unchanged, assures McCain
- Utah Wildfire Levels 13 Homes, Forces Evacuation Of 1500 People
- Turkey ready to fight in Syria 'at any threat from Kurds'
- Trump and Putin to hold first meeting next week
- China: Hong Kong handover agreement 'no longer relevant'
- Andy Murray pulls out of second match at Hurlingham with sore hip
- Auto drives into pedestrians in Boston, injuring nine people
- Manny Pacquiao's Mandatory Challenger Jeff Horn Is A Dangerous Young Puncher