The Pakistan Army on Saturday violated the ceasefire and initiated unprovoked and indiscriminate firing from small arms, automatic weapons and mortars on Indian Army posts and villages along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch district.
The army men effectively and strongly retaliated, Mehta said.
A police official said some mortar shells fired by Pakistani troops in Gulpur sector landed in civilian areas.
"2 Individual embraced shahadat including a girl and 3 citizens were injured", the ISPR said in its statement.
A medium intensity quake measuring 5.2 on the Richter scale hit the India-Pakistan border region in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday.
TODAY'S FORECAST: Mostly cloudy, showers and thunderstorms likely
In the evening, there will be a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms under mostly cloudy skies and a low around 68. The holiday weekend typical summertime weather is in the forecast with scattered showers and storms in the afternoon.
Sources said militants fired from AK-47 rifles towards the army patrol.
On June 20th, National Assembly's Standing Committee on Kashmir Affairs was informed by Director general (DG) of the Disaster Management Authority (DMA) Indian ceasefire violations across the Line of Control (LoC) has killed at least 832 civilians.
They said the army men returned the fire and in the brief exchange of gunfire, three army men including a Captain-rank officer were injured.
The latest incident happened as escalation along the LoC has been seen since a militant attack on an army center in the Indian-controlled Kashmir killed 19 soldiers on September 18 past year.
- China: Hong Kong handover agreement 'no longer relevant'
- Microsoft Cloud focus casts job loss shadows
- Launch fails for China's Long March-5 Y2 carrier rocket
- The Zoo Digital Group plc (ZOO) Rating Reiterated by FinnCap
- Gas prices fall 2.3 cents, but higher than a year ago
- Kyle Lowry staying in Toronto for $100 million
- United Nations member countries approve global nuclear treaty
- Manny Pacquiao's Mandatory Challenger Jeff Horn Is A Dangerous Young Puncher
- United States employers add 222K jobs, jobless rate rises to 4.4 pct
- Auto drives into pedestrians in Boston, injuring nine people