The Pakistan Army on Saturday violated the ceasefire and initiated unprovoked and indiscriminate firing from small arms, automatic weapons and mortars on Indian Army posts and villages along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch district.
The army men effectively and strongly retaliated, Mehta said.
A police official said some mortar shells fired by Pakistani troops in Gulpur sector landed in civilian areas.
"2 Individual embraced shahadat including a girl and 3 citizens were injured", the ISPR said in its statement.
A medium intensity quake measuring 5.2 on the Richter scale hit the India-Pakistan border region in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday.
Manny Pacquiao's Mandatory Challenger Jeff Horn Is A Dangerous Young Puncher
Manny Pacquiao needs knockouts to remind fans why they fell in love with him, and Jeff Horn may be just what the doctor ordered. Simon Crawford expects the experience of Manny Pacquiao to get the better of Jeff Horn in Australia this weekend.
Sources said militants fired from AK-47 rifles towards the army patrol.
On June 20th, National Assembly's Standing Committee on Kashmir Affairs was informed by Director general (DG) of the Disaster Management Authority (DMA) Indian ceasefire violations across the Line of Control (LoC) has killed at least 832 civilians.
They said the army men returned the fire and in the brief exchange of gunfire, three army men including a Captain-rank officer were injured.
The latest incident happened as escalation along the LoC has been seen since a militant attack on an army center in the Indian-controlled Kashmir killed 19 soldiers on September 18 past year.
- China: Hong Kong handover agreement 'no longer relevant'
- Real Madrid forward Mariano Diaz Mejia joins Lyon
- Andy Murray pulls out of second match at Hurlingham with sore hip
- Washington's stance on Kashmir unchanged, assures McCain
- Tesla to build 100-megawatt battery for South Australia in 100 days
- Launch fails for China's Long March-5 Y2 carrier rocket
- Auto drives into pedestrians in Boston, injuring nine people
- John Podesta lashes out at 'whack job POTUS' over G-20 tweet
- Russia, Turkey, Iran Fail To Agree On Details Of Syria De-Escalation Zones
- Arab Nations Continue Isolation Of Qatar Which Ignores Their List Of Demands