To further pressure Qatar, Saudi Arabia has totally closed its land border with its tiny neighbor, through which much of Qatar's food supply crossed.
Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Egypt were thanked for commending the dedicated efforts of the Amir of Kuwait Shaikh Sabah Al-Ahmed Al-Jaber Al-Sabah to protect the Arab national security and safeguard pan-Arab relations.
He was met late on Saturday by Qatar's Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani at Al Bahr palace in Doha. However, Qatar has denied the allegations and said that the move was an attempt to infringe upon the country's sovereignty. US Defence Secretary James Mattis last week called his Qatari counterpart Khalid bin Mohammad Al Attiyah to emphasise the "importance of de-escalating tensions.so all partners in the Gulf region can focus on next steps in meeting common goals", the Pentagon said.
The top British diplomat expressed anxiety at the crisis between Qatar and a Saudi Arabia-led alliance of Arab countries, saying the blockade imposed on Doha is "unwelcome" and the parties need to resolve it through dialogue.
Though, the four blockading countries have already demanded compensation from Doha for its alleged past interference in their internal affairs.
Protesters march in Ottawa on Saturday
"The Qatari response lacks responsibility and objectivity and undermined Kuwaiti mediation efforts before they even took off".
Shutting down the Doha-based Al Jazeera broadcaster, severing diplomatic ties with Iran, closing down a Turkish military base in Qatar and paying an unspecified sum in reparations were some of the demands that Qatar had received.
The boycott put in place by the countries emerged from Qatar's support for and financing of terrorism, al-Jubeir explained to DW as a sidenote during this weekend's meeting of the leading industrialized and developing nations, Deutsche Welle reported.
The punitive measures against Qatar drew condemnation from rights groups, including Amnesty International, which says the diplomatic dispute has been toying with thousands of lives.
The U.S. State Department said Thursday that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson will travel to the region to try to mediate a solution to the conflict.
Trump Talks Trade and Climate With Merkel Ahead of G-20 Summit
This after 10,000 people marched earlier in the day, protesting the gathering that brings together the world's leaders. Xi is expected to attend the 12th G20 summit in Hamburg , scheduled for Friday and Saturday.
- HTC 'Ocean Life' Mid-Range Phone With Edge Sense, Snapdragon 660 SoC Rumoured
- Poll finds more adults in USA trust CNN compared to Donald Trump
- Russia, Turkey, Iran Fail To Agree On Details Of Syria De-Escalation Zones
- Nervous Federer eases past Lajovic into third round
- Venus Williams Breaks Her Silence Following Fatal Car Accident
- Letter to the editor:Health insurance under 'Trumpcare'
- Tesla to build 100-megawatt battery for South Australia in 100 days
- Kerber survives another day at Wimbledon
- United States employers add 222K jobs, jobless rate rises to 4.4 pct
- Ivanka Trump under fire after taking seat among world leaders at G20