Federation Internationale de Football Association on Friday suspended Juan Carlos Osorio for six games following an ugly incident in the third-place game of the Confederations Cup last weekend in Russia, where the 54-year-old Colombian coach spewed expletives at an official and bumped him while protesting a non-call late in extra time.
Hernandez was easily the most impactful player on the field, risky throughout the contest and finishing with a goal and two assists. It was an exquisite finish from a player who has now scored three goals in his past three games for Mexico.
Here's how to watch Mexico vs. El Salvador online.
Mexico's third came in the 55th minute after another great feed from Hernandez.
El Salvador should not be able to compete in this game and in this Group C with Mexico and Jamaica being the favorites to get out of the group. It was all leveled after 10 minutes of play. El Tri does not have its best players in this competition with nearly a full Liga MX side, Erick Torres from the Houston Dynamo being the only player who does not play in Mexico on the squad.
Trump Talks Trade and Climate With Merkel Ahead of G-20 Summit
This after 10,000 people marched earlier in the day, protesting the gathering that brings together the world's leaders. Xi is expected to attend the 12th G20 summit in Hamburg , scheduled for Friday and Saturday.
El Salvador's Nelson Bonilla made it 1-1 just two minutes later, giving the Central American team some short-lived hope.
It's also exactly what Jamaica will hope to do on Thursday in Denver.
Elias Hernandez had himself one helluva time on Sunday night against El Salvador, scoring a goal with a vicious volley and assisting on both Hedgardo Marin and Orbelin Pineda's strikes. There was a center back, Edson Alvarez, fielded as a right back, no recognized striker (although Angel Sepulveda played the position) and the wingers playing on the opposite flanks than they do for their club sides.
The second half saw Mexico running rampant for the most part, with rapid counters and excellent passing putting the El Salvadoreans on the back foot on multiple occasions.
The game opened up more after the first two scores. Osorio was ejected, and Federation Internationale de Football Association, in a twist of irony, used video replay to sanction him now.
- Ivanka Trump under fire after taking seat among world leaders at G20
- The Zoo Digital Group plc (ZOO) Rating Reiterated by FinnCap
- Stanton to defend HR Derby title short on sleep
- Poll finds more adults in USA trust CNN compared to Donald Trump
- Auto drives into pedestrians in Boston, injuring nine people
- Russia, Turkey, Iran Fail To Agree On Details Of Syria De-Escalation Zones
- Dalian Wanda to Sell $9.3 Billion in Hotels and Tourism Stakes
- Cinema Theaters shut down in Tamil Nadu
- HTC 'Ocean Life' Mid-Range Phone With Edge Sense, Snapdragon 660 SoC Rumoured
- Tesla to build 100-megawatt battery for South Australia in 100 days