Vogel took over voicing the Count when "Sesame Street" regular Jerry Nelson died in 2012 and soon took over many of Nelson's characters. Matt will make his Kermit debut in a "Muppets Thought of the Week" video next week.
The puppeteer behind Kermit the Frog has quit the show, after almost 30 years manning one of the most iconic Muppets. Little is known about the reason for his departure, but at 57-years-old, perhaps he just fancied an early retirement. On Sesame Street, he is the voice behind Ernie of Bert and Ernie fame. A Muppet Studio spokesperson confirmed to Deadline that Matt Vogel will replace Steve as the voice of Kermit. According to a tweet, Steve performed for Jane Henson at an airport coffee shop.
Microsoft Cloud focus casts job loss shadows
As part of the restructuring , the company is about to lay off thousands of employees, according to TechCrunch . For its part, Microsoft has not commented on the layoffs or confirmed numbers.
The Muppets Studio spokeswoman would not provide details about Whitmire's exit. Most recently, he voiced Kermit on ABC's short-lived sitcom The Muppets, along with characters like Beaker, Rizzo the Rat and elderly heckler Statler.
He was even selected by Jerry Nelson to take over Nelson's characters of Floyd Pepper, Lew Zealand, Crazy Harry, Robin the Frog and Camilla the Chicken following his death from 2008. He has already voiced Kermit's imitator Constantine in the film Muppets Most Wanted.
- Kerber survives another day at Wimbledon
- Mexico 3 El Salvador 1: Defending Gold Cup Champions Win Opener
- Venus Williams Breaks Her Silence Following Fatal Car Accident
- Indian forces martyr two Civilians along LoC: ISPR
- Ivanka Trump under fire after taking seat among world leaders at G20
- 3 children among 9 people shot at gender reveal party near Cincinnati
- United Nations member countries approve global nuclear treaty
- Dawson in Lord's Test XI
- Nervous Federer eases past Lajovic into third round
- Rex Tillerson says Russian Federation must reduce tensions in eastern Ukraine