The bail plea moved by the actor will be considered by the court on Saturday afternoon. The court rejected the bail plea submitted by the actor's lawyer. The actor was sent to judicial custody till July 25.
The special prosecutor contended that Dileep should not be granted bail and if he is, there are chances that he would try to destroy the evidence. Earlier, in its application, the prosecution sought police custody of the actor for three more days saying it was necessary for carrying out the investigation in the case, as per PTI.
It all began when a popular Malayalam actress was abducted on February 17 while she was on her way home after a shoot.
Later, the police took the actor, arrested on July 10, to the Aluva Police Club for interrogation.
Moreover, police are looking for two other persons- Dileep's manager and a lawyer- who are also suspected to have links with the key accused in the case, "Pulsar" Suni.
SECMD17 Notebook: Orgeron's experience key to success at LSU
Then the comparisons with Leonard Fournette started. "It's a little disrespectful", senior defensive lineman Kendal Vickers said. Coaches tend to be more reserved in these settings, while at times players begin to allow their personalities to shine through.
Dileep's advocate claimed that the actor was being framed in the case. Meanwhile, the police carried out searches at Dileep's residence. When asked by the judge, Dileep maintained that he had no complaints against the police.
The actor was arrested on Monday for allegedly hiring a gang of goons to attack a fellow actress due to personal grudge.
The police chose to arrest Dileep based on 19 pieces of evidence that they were able to gather in connection with the abduction of the young actress on 17 February when she was travelling from Thrissur to Kochi by road.
After his arrest on the charge of conspiracy, Dileep has been expelled from various film forums, including the Association of Malayalam Movie Artistes (AMMA), as the industry rallied behind the actress.
- Dalian Wanda to Sell $9.3 Billion in Hotels and Tourism Stakes
- Ivanka Trump under fire after taking seat among world leaders at G20
- Pelosi Plans To Force Republicans To Vote On Russia Sanctions
- Referee 'overthought' late All Blacks call
- Rex Tillerson says Russian Federation must reduce tensions in eastern Ukraine
- OPEC Forecasts 1.3% Oil Demand Growth Next Year - Finance News
- Kerber survives another day at Wimbledon
- Trillion-ton iceberg breaks off from Antarctic ice shelf
- Constitution bench to hear Aadhaar pleas July 18
- What time is Johanna Konta on TV at Wimbledon?