Stewart signed a new five-year deal at Liverpool last November and played nine matches for the first team and 10 with the under-23 squad last season.
Meanwhile, RB Leipzig's owner says the German club have rejected a 75m euro (£66m) bid for midfielder Naby Keita.
Ex-Dundee United star Andrew Robertson looks set to complete a move to English giants Liverpool. A base fee of £8M plus a potential £2M further in add-ons should Robertson succeed at his new club has been agreed.
Hull City star set for medical ahead of proposed Liverpool move Posted by Sam Wilkins
For comparison, Emre Can is also 23 years old and several months older than Stewart but has shown genuine indications that he will grow into a force to be reckoned with in the coming years.
He is likely to be announced as a Liverpool player by the end of the week.
Klopp turned his attention to the Scotland global after missing out on Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon and Monaco's Benjamin Mendy.
According to The Liverpool Echo, the deal is done.
France's army chief resigns on defense spending cut
Macron named 55-year-old General Francois Lecointre, now the top military adviser to the Prime Minister, as his replacement. The dispute escalated over the past week, with de Villiers issuing an appeal on Facebook saying "Watch out for blind trust.
- Israel has no sovereignty over Al-Aqsa: Palestinian PM
- Want Debate On Security Issues In Parliament, Says Congress
- Sharad Yadav miffed, may quit if JDU goes with BJP
- Abigail and his freaky muscles coming to Street Fighter V July 25
- OPEC Forecasts 1.3% Oil Demand Growth Next Year - Finance News
- Constitution bench to hear Aadhaar pleas July 18
- Knife attacker kills two Ukrainian tourists in Egyptian resort
- Pelosi Plans To Force Republicans To Vote On Russia Sanctions
- Trillion-ton iceberg breaks off from Antarctic ice shelf
- No legal bar in having separate flag for Karnataka: CM