The deal covers Kenmore, the Sears appliance brand. The deal marks the broadest distribution of Kenmore products, outside of Sears branded stores and related online retail platforms. For instance, "Alexa, tell Kenmore Smart to set my air conditioner to 68 degrees" will automatically change the temperature setting from afar. The Kenmore Smart air conditioner is now available.
Sears (SHLD), which also owns Kmart, says that its Kenmore Smart appliances will be fully integrated with Amazon's (AMZN) Alexa, allowing users to fully control things like air conditioners through voice commands.
When a customer orders a Kenmore appliance on Amazon, Sears will also offer a white-glove delivery and installation service, according to the announcement.
However, in a statement, Charlie Kindel, director of the Alexa Smart Home at Amazon, indicated Alexa-enabled Kenmore washing machines could be next. However, the goal is to expand that to every home appliance in the company's line-up. Sears shares jumped 21.8% to $10.57 in premarket trading Thursday. In its last quarter, Sears notched its first profit since 2015, reporting net income of $244 million on revenue of $4.3 billion, compared with a loss of $471 million on sales of $5.4 billion in the year-ago quarter.
Doom 6.66 Patch Unlocks All Multiplayer DLC; Price Dropped
The next Doom update is straight from the bowels of Hell, if Hell is in fact a place where you get loads of nice stuff for free. Moreover, this update introduces a revised progression system , and a Runes System that replaces the Hack Module System.
Sears' Kenmore brand got its start in 1913 with sewing machines and quickly expanded to laundry, vacuum cleaners and more.
"The launch of Kenmore products on Amazon.com will significantly expand the distribution and availability of the Kenmore brand in the United States".
"We continuously look for opportunities to enhance the reach of our iconic brands to more customers and create additional value from our assets", said Edward S. Lampert, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Sears Holdings.
- Dept. Of Homeland Security To Allow 15000 Additional H-2B Immigration Visas
- Martin Landau Dies, Aged 89
- Police say Muslim worshipers returning to pray at Al-Aqsa
- Destiny 2 clip reveals the serene planet Nessus
- Dark Web marketplaces worth billions crushed in secret takeover
- Pelosi Plans To Force Republicans To Vote On Russia Sanctions
- Police continue searching Pa. for 4 missing men
- Centre briefs all-party MPs on standoff with China
- New information on Delphi murder case to be released Monday
- No legal bar in having separate flag for Karnataka: CM