In their efforts to appease LeBron James and convince him not to leave in free agency next summer, the Cleveland Cavaliers are reportedly in discussions to add Derrick Rose on a one-year deal as part of their tax-payer mid-level exception.
He's received interest from plenty of teams including the Knicks, the Milwaukee Bucks, the Los Angeles Lakers, the Minnesota Timberwolves, the San Antonio Spurs and, most recently; the Cleveland Cavaliers. Rose played 64 games for the Knicks during the 2016/2017 season and averaged 18.0 points, 3.8 rebounds and 4.4 assists per game. This is the first time the Jazz have used the two-way contracts implemented by the National Basketball Association for the upcoming season. With that said, LeBron and Rose on the court together would be an odd pairing.
Rose, 28, is one of the top remaining free agents on the open market.
Two options stand above all others as safe bets for the point guard: the Bulls and the Knicks.
No legal bar in having separate flag for Karnataka: CM
The JD (S) in Karnataka said that the state government is creating this issue to divert attention of some recent controversies. Jammu and Kashmir , the only state to have an official flag, enjoys special status under the Article 370 of the Constitution.
Because he has decent size, the Cavs could view him as an interchangeable backcourt starter with point guard Kyrie Irving or elect to bring him off the bench behind Irving and shooting guard J.R. Smith.
Forget the Lakers, as Rose is still a starting-caliber guard.
Rose spent the first 8 years of his career with the Bulls, but after his MVP season in 2011, he was plagued by injuries.
The history of injuries for Rose have made him a player who can not be relied on to finish the season. Ring-chasing is never completely off the table, but Rose would be doing so while earning the lowest salary of his career.
- Charlie Gard: Great Ormond Street staff report suffering 'shocking and disgraceful abuse'
- President Donald Trump commends the Navy's new aircraft carrier
- Venezuelans begin 'final offensive' 24-hour walkout against President Nicolas Maduro
- USA police kill Australian woman in unexplained shooting
- Tour de France: Dan Martin loses valuable ground
- South Korea's new govt proposes military talks with North Korea
- Affleck Says His Batman Isn't Going Anywhere, But Fans Aren't Convinced
- Sears says Kenmore products now available on Amazon; shares spike 13%
- Want Debate On Security Issues In Parliament, Says Congress
- Sonakshi was my first choice for Haseena Parkar: Apoorva