Batman is the coolest part in the universe.
"I am the luckiest guy in the world", Affleck told the crowd when he took the stage with his fellow Justice League castmembers. I am so thrilled to do it.
Throughout the event, Affleck looked happy and relaxed - laughing off rumors that he was being "phased out" as the Caped Crusader and even dropping a few f-bombs. War for the Planet of the Apes director Matt Reeves was hired as Affleck's replacement.
"Kevin Tsujihara, Sue Kroll and Toby Emmerich said to me, 'We want you to be our Batman, '" he continued.
"I just want to take one second to just absorb this, because it's really, really great", Affleck said before expressing his enthusiasm for Batman.
South Korea's new govt proposes military talks with North Korea
It was unclear how North Korea will react since it remains suspicious of new South Korean President Moon Jae-in's outreach to it. Kim Jong-un launched a sick celebration of the successful test launch of the country's first intercontinental ballistic missile.
Warner Bros. also used the panel to debut a new poster for "Justice League".
Warner Bros. has been adamant in saying that Affleck is still their Batman, but that hasn't stopped reports from saying that the studio is looking for a graceful way to transition him out of the part before Reeves starts off with a planned trilogy. "It's f-king incredible. I still can't believe it".
Matt Reeves is now in the process of gathering a writing team - rumored to include his Apes collaborator, to start The Batman from scratch, but it appears Affleck will be along for the ride. Matt Reeves is doing it and I'd be a fucking ape in the background for Matt Reeves, nevermind being Batman, it's incredible.
It appeared as if Ben Affleck's days as Batman were numbered, but the actor/director set those rumours to rest during a Saturday appearance at Comic-Con, refuting reports he would be exiting the DC film franchise.
- Sears says Kenmore products now available on Amazon; shares spike 13%
- Pelosi Plans To Force Republicans To Vote On Russia Sanctions
- Martin Landau Dies, Aged 89
- Caitlyn Jenner calls Rob Kardashian 'stupid' following Blac Chyna revenge porn
- Venezuelans begin 'final offensive' 24-hour walkout against President Nicolas Maduro
- Kevin Stewart nears £8 million move to Hull City
- No legal bar in having separate flag for Karnataka: CM
- Tour de France: Dan Martin loses valuable ground
- New information on Delphi murder case to be released Monday
- Sonakshi was my first choice for Haseena Parkar: Apoorva