Anthony, a 10-time All Star and three-time Olympic gold-medallist, has been at odds with his dysfunctional franchise for some time now, and is said to be willing to waive his "no trade" clause in order to find a more favourable situation.
Carmelo Anthony, 33, has a sum of US$54.2 million (AU$70.9 million) left on the five-year max deal he signed with NY ahead of the 2014-15 season. Several reports indicate that Anthony has his sights set on joining Chris Paul and James Harden in a Houston Rockets uniform.
However, Bill Simmons of The Ringer reported Sunday that there is mutual interest between Anthony and the Thunder.
Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN said on "The Jump" earlier this week that Anthony is willing to waive the $8 million trade kicker in his contract if the New York Knicks and Rockets can agree to a deal. Enes Kanter is an expensive big man the Knicks likely wouldn't want as a key piece of a trade package. He's owed $17.88 million next year and has a player option worth $18.6 million for the 2018-2019 season. The Thunder stunningly acquired Paul George from the Pacers last month to add a superstar alongside Russell Westbrook. Other than the ability to match up salaries and potentially get Anthony's blessing, the Thunder are far from an ideal trade partner for NY.
Sears says Kenmore products now available on Amazon; shares spike 13%
The deal marks the broadest distribution of Kenmore products, outside of Sears branded stores and related online retail platforms. However, the goal is to expand that to every home appliance in the company's line-up.
It's unclear what Oklahoma City would be willing to move in exchange for him, though.
Anthony averaged 22.4 points and 5.9 rebounds in 74 games this past season. However, everyone would still be looking up at the Golden State Warriors. But they can not be underestimated because they pulled off a huge coup by acquiring Paul George.
A trio of Westbrook, George and Anthony would be highly entertaining.
- Charlie Gard: Great Ormond Street staff report suffering 'shocking and disgraceful abuse'
- Police say Muslim worshipers returning to pray at Al-Aqsa
- What does a partial solar eclipse mean for Delmarva?
- USA police kill Australian woman in unexplained shooting
- 575-HP Jaguar XJR575 Debuts With an Interview at 186-MPH
- Dept. Of Homeland Security To Allow 15000 Additional H-2B Immigration Visas
- Destiny 2 clip reveals the serene planet Nessus
- Watch the New 'Game of Thrones' Comic-Con Trailer
- Israel has no sovereignty over Al-Aqsa: Palestinian PM
- Cal Fire: Mariposa residents' return home 'being planned'