KUALA LUMPUR| The song "Despacito", interpreted in Spanish and full of sexual innuendo, has been forbidden on public channels in Malaysia, announced on Thursday that a top official of the muslim-majority countries. "It is truly an honor that "Despacito" is now the most streamed song in history".
Critics say Maduro is trying to cement a dictatorship by pushing forward with the Constituent Assembly this Sunday.
A remix of Despacito has figured prominently in Mr Maduro's campaign for this Sunday's vote, which will elect a "constituent assembly" to redraft the constitution over the heads of the opposition-controlled parliament.
DJ Khaled's "I'm The One (featuring Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance The Rapper & Lil Wayne)" holds at #3 with ~15,413 spins (-64), while Halsey's "Now Or Never" keeps #4 on the strength of its ~15,216 plays (+405).
Senate Judiciary Committee subpoenas Paul Manafort to testify in Russian Federation probe
Trump Jr. also hired Alan Futerfas as a lawyer after reports detailed meetings past year between Trump Jr. and a Russian lawyer. Manafort could be excused from the hearing by agreeing to the "production of documents and a transcribed interview", they said.
"What else can you expect of a person who has robbed so many lives of young dreamers and of people who want a better future for their children?" the reggaeton star wrote.
The 39-year-old musician said he was not consulted by Maduro and that he had not given his permission for the song's use. He also said that Maduro illegally using a song does not compare to the crimes he is committing and has committed in Venezuela. "Your dictatorial regime is a joke, not only for my Venezuelan brothers, but for the entire world", he said.
It's been more than three months since the protests began in the country. During the 2016 USA presidential election, artists such as the Rolling Stones, Aerosmith and Adele slammed Donald Trump for playing their music at campaign events, while Queen famously ordered the NY real estate mogul to stop using "We Are the Champions" during his appearances.
- No legal bar in having separate flag for Karnataka: CM
- Charlie Gard: Great Ormond Street staff report suffering 'shocking and disgraceful abuse'
- Affleck Says His Batman Isn't Going Anywhere, But Fans Aren't Convinced
- Doom 6.66 Patch Unlocks All Multiplayer DLC; Price Dropped
- France's army chief resigns on defense spending cut
- What does a partial solar eclipse mean for Delmarva?
- Sonakshi was my first choice for Haseena Parkar: Apoorva
- Thunder and Carmelo Anthony are 'circling each other'
- Community Gathers to Honor Life of Justine Damond
- Sears says Kenmore products now available on Amazon; shares spike 13%